Chairman Post the club's responses to your emails about the HMRC 'incident' here

That's the rumour @bazzer9461 , rumour n supposition is all we have ...until the club officially confirm that the (2nd) HMRC Bill has been paid. The silence on the subject is still deafening
I was saying it because BBC Oxford said they believed it had been paid, you would think if the local media had announced that then you would presume. But I agree it’s deafening at the Grenoble road stadium. Reading various snippets of news about our 2 new billionaires on the board and what maybe I hope it’s not like the Gas and their presumably very very rich Arab owner for the last 3/4 seasons, I haven’t seen anything happen there.

Last edited:
So if it has been paid the withdrawl of the petition I guess would take a few days.
I wonder if it simply disappears in the Gazette or whether it shows that the petition has been withdrawn?
I has a quick look and couldn't find anything but I was having a few internet problems at the time.

So if it has been paid the withdrawl of the petition I guess would take a few days.
I wonder if it simply disappears in the Gazette or whether it shows that the petition has been withdrawn?
I has a quick look and couldn't find anything but I was having a few internet problems at the time.
It won’t/can’t be withdrawn until the court date on 19th December. Once it’s been published in the Gazette, any other creditor can take it forward even if the party which originally brought it (HMRC) have had their money.
If it’s withdrawn on that date, there will be a new Gazette entry to show that’s happened.

What irks me more than anything is there isn`t even an acknowledgment of my mail.
Even a "Thanks, we can`t say anything yet" would do.
Only had a ST for 30+ years .....why should I expect a response?
Yet they still happily generate the marketing messages and the like for Christmas etc, almost like they need the extra money.
Rapidly heading towards just paying for the 3 or 4 home games I go to rather than paying upfront for a ST.

Thanks for your email.

Did you know we've got tickets for Boxing day available still?

We hope this answers your query.

Kind regards
Tiger
PS There are still tickets available for Boxing Day.
PPS Tiger may, or may not, have written this reply personally but probably didn't.

It won’t/can’t be withdrawn until the court date on 19th December. Once it’s been published in the Gazette, any other creditor can take it forward even if the party which originally brought it (HMRC) have had their money.
If it’s withdrawn on that date, there will be a new Gazette entry to show that’s happened.

This is correct, HMRC will probably withdraw their own request on the day either in attendance or by contacting the clerk of the court prior to the hearing but the clerk can take instructions from any other creditor who wants to take over the petition. Ka$$am maybe? Couldn't see it being in his benefit but there may be others?

Reading the comments of a handful of posters on these threads, I think this forum needs stronger moderation.

We're supposed to be Oxford United supporters yet so many people are undermining the club by discussing, sorry, moaning about, trivial little things like winding up orders, apparent cash flow problems, absentee owners, seemingly pointless board members, lack of direction or investment and the lack of meaningful communication between board and fans.

Why can't we all exhibit total, blind positivity towards all things OUFC rather than questioning the people who we should feel privileged to have at our club?

Sort it out guys. (Flounces off in a huff ....)
That's both of us then!!!

Back
Top Bottom