HMRC?

Leedsexile

When I think about the club at the moment, I feel like I have split personality disorder.

On one hand I have the confusion/concern/frustration at the lack of communication from Tiger and others on the board on a variety of issues, particularly with HMRC.

On the other hand, having read the most recent academy update (see link below), I feel extremely proud of the club and the way the academy has developed over the last 12-18 months, as well as strong optimism about our future. I also found myself gripped to twitter on Tuesday, to follow the Youth Cup tie.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/december/academy-update/

I just wish I could have those same feelings about the club as a whole. I await with interest Tiger's "statement" on Saturday.

Gary Baldi

An interesting tidbit in the OM article today about transfer re the HMRC issue:
The possibility of spending money comes hot on the heels of United being served with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue & Customs over a bill of almost £150,000.

It was paid before the High Court hearing and Tiger, who put the issue down to external factors over moving the money into the UK, is optimistic it will not be repeated.

Scotchegg

What would be the normal arrangements for moving money into the country? Would this cause the kind of delay we saw in making this payment?

Ricky Otto

What would be the normal arrangements for moving money into the country? Would this cause the kind of delay we saw in making this payment?
It’s really not that difficult these days. I imagine it may have been him looking to take advantage of fx fluctuations and expectations of a gbp dive around Brexit negotiations. Pure conjecture of course but struggling to see what else it would be unless he was trying to release equity tied up in other investments

RyanioBirdio

Everything is fine here. Just some problems moving money into the country and he’s optimistic it won’t happen again. As you were.

Navegante

Moving large sums of cash into the UK will no doubt involve some red tape to prove it is not related to money laundering before the funds can be freed for use.

The amount of bureacracy will depend on the amount and origin of the funds. Shouldn't be an issue in a competently managed business with sufficient funding mind...

Osleroad

It’s really not that difficult these days. I imagine it may have been him looking to take advantage of fx fluctuations and expectations of a gbp dive around Brexit negotiations. Pure conjecture of course but struggling to see what else it would be unless he was trying to release equity tied up in other investments
Maybe the instant access account wasn't what it seemed. who knows..high finance and all that

Sarge

Maybe the instant access account wasn't what it seemed. who knows..high finance and all that
does Paypal operate in Thailand? .... dead easy to tranfer funds that way (Freinds n Family paypal option avoids paypals 4/5% handling fee too)

LeftSideBoy

Is this the "unexpected expenditure" that "will benefit he club long term" that could not be divulged due to ongoing legal reasons that caused the HMRC fiasco?????
Excuse the silly question but how does this benefit the club?

D

Deleted member 462

Surely it’s Celtic that would pay that ? It was them that loaned him out to get developed before selling to us.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeftSideBoy

Is Kelleher still our player? With him, Pekalski and Dai we are starting to get in the habit of signing players who never actually play for us.
And the fact we have just spent a 5 figure sum on compensation makes this another laughable moment in our season! Those 5 figures could have been invested in our squad but instead, it's been spent on a player that I haven't seen play for us - even once!

D

Deleted member 462

And the fact we have just spent a 5 figure sum on compensation makes this another laughable moment in our season! Those 5 figures could have been invested in our squad but instead, it's been spent on a player that I haven't seen play for us - even once!
Where does it say we spent it ?

LeftSideBoy

Where does it say we spent it ?
Well it says they were awarded a 5 figure sum in November. I can only assume it was us that paid it.

"eterhead have been awarded a five-figure sum as a result of former player Fiacre Kelleher’s move from Celtic to Oxford United"