HMRC?

Sarge

Why would crowds fall below 4000? Surely the core support would be even keener at a critical time - assuming current form continues of course.
Bad start to the season, the club, under Tiger meting out mushroom treatment to the fanbase - even now, following the 2nd HMRC situation and an as yet unanswered letter from Oxvox to the owner, there appears to be a reluctance to communicate anything of substance to the supporters by any of the directors. I think it may be along the lines of the board members reaping what they have so far sown

More occasional supporters make the effort when those steering the club make the effort to engage the supporters. Currently the owner, board and directors for what ever reason are doing exactly the opposite with their mushroom treatment of the supporters on matters of substance

yellowbow

A lot of us have got quite angry with what we perceive as very worrying times at OUFC over the last month or so ( some for longer than that). The worries have all been legitimate due to the lack of any real information coming out of the club. Tiger and the rest of the board - I would hope! - would accept that things could be handled differently. The little snippets about money for signings and stadium developments, for example have been mistakes. Carrots should not be dangled unless they’re ready to eat! However, after reading KRs comments yesterday, I’ve decided to cool my jets, take a deep breath and see what transpires - for the time being. This comment in particular from KR interests me:

“There are just one or two complications in certain little things that we’re looking into and maybe changing to not let it happen again.”

He added: “We’re concerned that they (the fans) are concerned.

“That’s what we’re looking at, we’re having meetings this week and next week to see if we can be more open and allow people to know where we’re at.”

I get the impression we’re close to hearing what the end game to all of this is. Hopefully they’re discussing what and how much they can let out of the bag at the moment.

The well of tolerance from the fanbase is close to running dry, they can’t keep on telling us that ‘things are happening, we’ll tell you all about it soon’ and it’s only right that, as true supporters of the club, we keep a watchful eye, but the sheer magnitude of what we all want and hope to be unfolding, regarding the stadium situation, means that a lot has had to be kept under wraps. Let’s hope we hear about developments soon.

In short, I think we should allow Tiger a little more time to get his house in order, and trust that things are moving forward behind the scenes. But he should know that we won’t be taken for a ride again. Oxvox’s stance has been spot on. Maybe a message with a sensible deadline for information imposed should be the next step?

Sheik djibouti

If the service debt was accumulated on Eales watch, would they not deduct it from his wedge he is owed from future transfers.
You'd hope so but what if Eales still disputed it? Maybe it's best to wipe the slate clean because the club can't progress without it.

Sarge

If the service debt was accumulated on Eales watch, would they not deduct it from his wedge he is owed from future transfers.
Hopefully ...after all DE said there would be no debts on his watch or words to that effect?

Didn't he?

Last edited:

Finlandia

Nothing to do with DE -if it was wasn’t picked up during due diligence then tough

Ricky Otto

A lot of us have got quite angry with what we perceive as very worrying times at OUFC over the last month or so ( some for longer than that). The worries have all been legitimate due to the lack of any real information coming out of the club. Tiger and the rest of the board - I would hope! - would accept that things could be handled differently. The little snippets about money for signings and stadium developments, for example have been mistakes. Carrots should not be dangled unless they’re ready to eat! However, after reading KRs comments yesterday, I’ve decided to cool my jets, take a deep breath and see what transpires - for the time being. This comment in particular from KR interests me:

“There are just one or two complications in certain little things that we’re looking into and maybe changing to not let it happen again.”

He added: “We’re concerned that they (the fans) are concerned.

“That’s what we’re looking at, we’re having meetings this week and next week to see if we can be more open and allow people to know where we’re at.”

I get the impression we’re close to hearing what the end game to all of this is. Hopefully they’re discussing what and how much they can let out of the bag at the moment.

The well of tolerance from the fanbase is close to running dry, they can’t keep on telling us that ‘things are happening, we’ll tell you all about it soon’ and it’s only right that, as true supporters of the club, we keep a watchful eye, but the sheer magnitude of what we all want and hope to be unfolding, regarding the stadium situation, means that a lot has had to be kept under wraps. Let’s hope we hear about developments soon.

In short, I think we should allow Tiger a little more time to get his house in order, and trust that things are moving forward behind the scenes. But he should know that we won’t be taken for a ride again. Oxvox’s stance has been spot on. Maybe a message with a sensible deadline for information imposed should be the next step?

Wise words and said from a place of calm disposition ....and in hope of the benefit of the doubt paying dividend through a little patience. Very valid position to take.

However personally my gut instinct is the guy is full of s**t and making this up as he goes along.

uptheus

Wise words and said from a place of calm disposition ....and in hope of the benefit of the doubt paying dividend through a little patience. Very valid position to take.

However personally my gut instinct is the guy is full of s**t and making this up as he goes along.
I agree, you don’t let a smallish bill from HMRC go unpaid if you’re talking about grandeur projects such as purchasing stadiums etc.

And if KR knows the situation e.g. bigger picture then why would he have had concerns to raise with Tiger.

Regarding the club saying they want to avoid this (unpaid tax bill) happening again and that they’re going to address this, basically means in my eyes that minimal funds will be made available within the budget, but I guess we’ll wait and see. Still doesn’t answer why the whole issue wasn’t addressed before it got to the stage it did.

The signs so far indicate that Tiger doesn’t have the free cash flow e.g. struggled to get monies to purchase the club, poor summer transfer window and two late payments of tax bills.

The next 6 weeks or so could be quite telling e.g. hopefully nothing else crops up before the 19th December and the January transfer window. Oh, and hopefully not another tax bill!!

Last edited:

Mark Sennett

Memory & evidently my (probably selective) hearing both a bit faulty ....nowt new there:rolleyes:
You’re actually not wrong Sarge as Darryl said at an open fans meeting that he would write off any debt accrued on his watch. I’m sure @MarkG or @myles could expand further and I’ll be interested to see if he stuck to that promise when the next accounts are published

Pete Burrett

Yes, let’s not talk ourselves into any form of tolerance for the way Tiger et al are conducting themselves.

Gary Baldi

So Kitson said that the club were always talking about a move away from the club but now it seems like it could really happen. Is that gospel or just exactly the same guesswork we've all had?
I suspect it's informed guesswork on his part. But undoubtedly spot on as everyone can see how awful the Stadium situation is for the club.