HMRC?

JS said the club refused to comment as of 9:30 last night.

For me, the only logical explanation is that we’re in the midst of another takeover. The alternative is pretty unthinkable - an incompetent owner who has total disregard for the clubs fan base...

Well, Tiger’s not said much if anything since he’s been here, so not sure that means that there’s a possible take over.

It also doesn’t make sense that you would draw attention to yourself by not paying another tax bill.

If the club is refusing to comment then this really could turn ugly, especially between the board and the fans.
I would add though that they were always going to make 'no comment' given it was late on a Sunday and I'd imagine they would of wanted to get together to produce a proper statement.

What ever they are doing, it's a very dangerous game they are playing.

It should be fairly easy for the club to make a quick comment to say why they’ve not paid a tax bill, shouldn’t it? It’s not like we’re asking for future plans about the direction of the club.

Oh, and let’s not forget that OxVox wrote to the club on the 28th November, so nearly a week ago!

My take is that Tiger hasn't been able to do any kind of deal with Kassam, realises that he can't develop OUFC as a business and doesn't have enough money himself. I think he's in the midst of unloading the burden,

My take is that Tiger hasn't been able to do any kind of deal with Kassam, realises that he can't develop OUFC as a business and doesn't have enough money himself. I think he's in the midst of unloading the burden,
Understandable approach, and might even be a theory that would stand up but, and this not meant in any derogatory manner, speculation over what may be happening is worthless.

Fact is, the debt to HMRC is outstanding. Fact is, the club have, through various spokespersons, stated that the debt would be paid.
What is needed now is the truth from Tiger. Not one of his nice monologues that feature in the program written for him by Chris Williams(?) but a real answer to the fans/supporters. (An apology for the lies stated to all wouldn't go amiss either)

If that was the case, a rumour would have certainly come through. We all knew about the Sartori and Tiger interests long before the official talks with DE began. Even the DE, MAsh and MApp dealings were being reported on here when they took over in 2014 - albeit that wasn’t done so much out in the open as the season had finished.

If Tiger is offloading, he’s finished in English football. We knew he was never the money man but were willing to give him to show that he did have the right people coming in. He’s got billions in net worth on that board. As Ricky Otto pointed out that earlier in the thread, why is paying off a relatively small (in billionaire’s terms) HMRC bill becoming such a faff that the club is being issued with a winding up order?!

I would doubt if we will hear any statement until it is paid, hopefully later this week.
Money will probably have to come in from abroad and let's hope this episode is closed soon.
Agree that even if it is paid there are still a lot of questions to be answered.

It should be fairly easy for the club to make a quick comment to say why they’ve not paid a tax bill, shouldn’t it? It’s not like we’re asking for future plans about the direction of the club.

Oh, and let’s not forget that OxVox wrote to the club on the 28th November, so nearly a week ago!
Agreed. The club have been aware of the petition for a number of weeks now, and it was published in the Gazette on Friday. The club have got to say something NOW.

Even if the bill is paid, Tiger’s ownership has because almost untenable now. At the very least, a major change in transparency and accountability will be required.

I have great sympathy for those working for the club at this time. The stress of not knowing if you are to be paid or not, even to the extent of not knowing if you will have a job next month, must be extreme. For them as well, Tiger must make a statement today.

Look folk, stop picking on Tiger..............he`s on a jolly in New York...........

Nero fiddled whilst Rome burnt..........

*takes large pinch of salt* OxBible reporting that HMRC debt paid last Friday but it "just takes time to clear, hence why it's still coming up as an issue".

*takes large pinch of salt* OxBible reporting that HMRC debt paid last Friday but it "just takes time to clear, hence why it's still coming up as an issue".
Tiger need to read the Ken Dodd book of Tax Avoidance.

I completely agree but with the way the club appear to go about things I am not shocked they refused to comment.

As for fans hoping the club pay it this week, then I think there is very little chance of that. I think they will leave to the very last minute then can before the court date to pay it.

I completely agree but with the way the club appear to go about things I am not shocked they refused to comment.

As for fans hoping the club pay it this week, then I think there is very little chance of that. I think they will leave to the very last minute then can before the court date to pay it.
But that leaves the very real risk of the club’s bank freezing its accounts.

He’s got billions in net worth on that board. As Ricky Otto pointed out that earlier in the thread, why is paying off a relatively small (in billionaire’s terms) HMRC bill becoming such a faff that the club is being issued with a winding up order?!

Could it be because they're waiting to see The Plan before investing actual money? And there is no plan; just a small man in a bow tie spinning in ever-tightening circles.

Hope I'm wrong.

If that hasn’t already happened, it will today. It’s the consequence of the petition being published in the Gazette.

Sorry, if the club's bank accounts are frozen - how do they pay the tax-man? Does a director(s) have to pay themselves?

Could it be because they're waiting to see The Plan before investing actual money? And there is no plan; just a small man in a bow tie spinning in ever-tightening circles.

Hope I'm wrong.

But they, the new board members, have committed to becoming directors of the company. This carries with it certain legal responsibilities and obligations. I can't imagine they will be impressed seeing their names associated with this s**t show.

Sorry, if the club's bank accounts are frozen - how do they pay the tax-man? Does a director(s) have to pay themselves?
Basically, yes. The directors will have to make payment from a different account. If the bank allows funds to be transferred from the club’s account after a petition has been published, they leave themselves open to all sorts of legal action.

Back
Top Bottom