HMRC?

Incredibly (but perhaps not unbelievably) nothing on the official web site at all.

TBH, even if they pay the money today, this bunch of smoke and mirrors merchants have shown themselves to be what they are. A bunch of liars who are not at all concerned with the future of our club, except if they can somehow create a land and development deal that will line their pockets - and that's being generous, because I'm not ever sure 'Tiger' has even though that far!

Three weeks ago they were giving the finger to Kassam and promising to investigate building a new stadium. Today they cannot afford to pay the taxman. Absolute shysters.

RE a takeover. With the club effectively run from Asia, talks could be out of sight especially with the new board member - the usual meetings where people see and hear things won't take place in the UK. The fact Tiger appears to be in New York suggests that either he doesn't care, doesn't have the money or simply it's been sorted and he doesn't want to be seen to admit a problem.

Frankly, the silence is getting ever more deafening. The club have to acknowledge the issue in the right way. I bet they are hoping for a good cup draw so they can sneak out a statement.

If we were to go into administration because of Tiger’s default and if, because of Sean Harvey’s introduction of Tiger to Darryl Eales, the EFL can be shown not to have followed correct procedure in its fit and proper person test, then I imagine we might have a good argument against a points deduction. But I’m not holding my breath. The EFL does what it wants. Let’s hope it doesn’t come that.

The fact Tiger appears to be in New York suggests that either he doesn't care, doesn't have the money or simply it's been sorted and he doesn't want to be seen to admit a problem.
Or too busy making sure Mrs Tiger gets a good picture of their lunch....

Although, I believe Tiger left NY last Wednesday.

Or too busy making sure Mrs Tiger gets a good picture of their lunch....

Although, I believe Tiger left NY last Wednesday.
Regardless, it shows an interesting perspective doesn't it? For someone so worried about PR, it comes across badly to be on holiday and not acknowledge the perilous state of the debt with the HMRC

Wouldn’t surprise me if Thanakarnjanasuth is as we speak desperately trying to cobble together a short term loan (albeit with Huge interest rates) just to pay HMRC with the promise of a paying off the loan in January when one or two players are sold .

Desperate times desperate measures.

If you had paid the debt and it was just a case of paperwork catching up etc, then you would announce that you had wouldn’t you? That’s better than silence.

No comment at this stage is mental, it has destroyed any credibility tiger had, even if he gets out of this one you just know the next problem isn’t far around the corner.

you wonder why the likes of Thoir joined the board, they are extremely wealthy individuals who, one would assume, would do due diligance before putting their name to a company. if they joined knowing this was hanging over the club, surely they would have just paid it and dealt with the financials between the club/Tiger behind the scenes, rather than let it drag through like this.

It was just spoken about on Sky Sports News, if that isnt the kick up the ass needed i dont know what is. Its fully in the public domain now.

Regardless, it shows an interesting perspective doesn't it? For someone so worried about PR, it comes across badly to be on holiday and not acknowledge the perilous state of the debt with the HMRC
Oh I agree 100%. Posting photos of your family having a jolly old time in Tokyo and NY whilst the club is under threat of legal action for non-payment of tax is not a good image at all.

Oh I agree 100%. Posting photos of your family having a jolly old time in Tokyo and NY whilst the club is under threat of legal action for non-payment of tax is not a good image at all.

I did some Crisis Management training a few years ago and we were shown various examples of how to deal with such situations.

The best was the owner of an airline who called a press conference following a plane crash and simply said that the time for blame and recriminations would be later and he appealed to the congregated press to help appeal for assistance and contact relatives/provide information on the airline's behalf - he defused the situation at the time and was widely lauded.

The worst was a Chief Exec returning from holiday in an Hawaiian shirt following some of his employees being killed in an industrial incident. He returned early but the Hawaiian shirt was not sensible.

Which of the two above most reflects our current owner's behaviour?

If it carries on like thls it will take the Millau Viaduct to bridge the gulf between supporters and owners. Either we are up sh1t creek or the mother of all developments is about to be announced ...... or "tax bill paid and we'll worry about the next one when it's (over)due".

so what is happening?
If it's been paid, then say so.
If there is some financing going on to raise cash, say nothing?
If one of our new Directors is actually putting money into the club or holding company, say nothing until it's done?
If there is another takeover, say nothing?
As this has to be sorted this month, waiting for potential player sales doesn't help, and in any case, that transfer fee income is charged by Ensco up to a certain level.

Tiger's trick at Reading of borrowing against parachute payments doesn't work because there are none, and realistically who would lend the club money at this point?

You can't help thinking that if something advantageous to the club was developing behind the scenes, SOMETHING would have been said, without the board giving away anything confidential or damaging to discussions. The fact we have a longer and longer period of radio silence is f*****g unacceptable.

Stop it - I'm trying really hard not to rule out that possibility!

We`ve got till the 19th December to sweat this............ no rush...... stay calm. (y)(y):rolleyes::cool:

Sure Maxwell et al took it closer to the wire...

If you had paid the debt and it was just a case of paperwork catching up etc, then you would announce that you had wouldn’t you? That’s better than silence.

No comment at this stage is mental, it has destroyed any credibility tiger had, even if he gets out of this one you just know the next problem isn’t far around the corner.
Did slippery not do due diligence over the takeover?

Working away today but come on here every now and then expecting some type of news, a statement etc, to have absolutely nothing is shameful and so unprofessional.

Back
Top Bottom