Gavin Whyte

You can buy a few decent players for £2m, and with some add on’s promotion and appearance based or a sell on clause.

Just saying in case it’s true.

Barely any of that will go into the budget I'm afraid. Still owe Eales money.

You can buy a few decent players for £2m, and with some add on’s promotion and appearance based or a sell on clause.

Just saying in case it’s true.
Won’t get a replacement for Whyte that’s for sure and apparently the money is already there, and what did Robinson and Tiger say at the end of last season? “ no need to sell any players unless ridiculous amount offered then they will talk about it “ 2 million a ridiculous amount for Whyte? No chance

Last edited:
Won’t get a replacement for Whyte that’s for sure and apparently the money is already there, and what did Robinson and Tiger say at the end of last season? “ no need to sell any players unless ridiculous amount offered then they will talk about it “ 2 million a ridiculous amount for why’re? No chance
That is a ridiculous price, ridiculously cheap.

To be fair it might be £2m up front and a load of extras like 25% of any future profit, £1m if they get promoted, £500k after x amount of appearances etc.

Still, I’d be totally gutted if this happens, and I’d be hopping off the positive bus sharpish...

To be fair it might be £2m up front and a load of extras like 25% of any future profit, £1m if they get promoted, £500k after x amount of appearances etc.

Still, I’d be totally gutted if this happens, and I’d be hopping off the positive bus sharpish...
But the way Cardiff acted after the untimely death of Sallah and refusing to pay the transfer as it wasn’t completed I would think they may want to pay in instalments when if that was the deal I would want the money upfront.

You and a lot of others. Just leaving scotchegg the driver!!?

£4m with similar add ons would be a more of a realistic fee albeit still on the light side IMO

But the way Cardiff acted after the untimely death of Sallah and refusing to pay the transfer as it wasn’t completed I would think they may want to pay in instalments when if that was the deal I would want the money upfront.

I think a % of future fees could be massive though, if he’s as good as we think he is, and with transfers inflating as they are, one good season and he could go for £10-15m

Your skirting close to the bone there. A man died for god sake.

What if we accepted a bid for Whyte because we'd had one accepted for Browne?

Your skirting close to the bone there. A man died for god sake.
I’m just saying and I did say untimely and was questioning where Cardiff said he hadn’t signed for them hence why they refuse
To pay, its the sheep shaggers who should hold their heads in shame.

Last edited:
What if we accepted a bid for Whyte because we'd had one accepted for Browne?
Browne played on the left and Gav was on the right
, that wouldn’t make sense apart from incompetence from the management and board

i thought so many fans thought this was the way for us given many keep talking about players value to sell on before we even sign them.
certainly this was said when i've suggested that just for once it would be nice to keep a squad together with the odd tinker here and there and actual have a good go at it.

If it happens, not a bad bit of business for both with him being here a year or so. I don't want him to leave, but if someone pays the right price, that is football. We'll do the same to some other club soon, presumably.

Back
Top Bottom