Gavin Whyte

He deserves a rest. I don't see why we have to see more in it than that. I can't see him leaving until next season and it will surely be for more than £1.5m.
The club seemed to make a bit of a thing of giving him the no.10 shirt, you'd have to be very brave to do that and then sell him shortly after.

He deserves a rest. I don't see why we have to see more in it than that. I can't see him leaving until next season and it will surely be for more than £1.5m.
The club seemed to make a bit of a thing of giving him the no.10 shirt, you'd have to be very brave to do that and then sell him shortly after.
Well not sure about brave.
If there was the right offer (above £3M), the club would be prepared to sell.

Robinson says in the press that he's heard nothing from Cardiff. Gavin Whyte told me directly that he hasn't heard anything and hasn't spoken to anyone. But a few fans talk amongst themselves and somehow the deal is done??

His agent will be speaking to clubs all the time. He wouldn’t be doing his job properly if he wasn’t. It’ll be stick or twist time for him in the next few weeks....option a) get a move now for £1.5-2.0m to a good Championship club. A nice increase in wages, but may well get stuck at that level for a few years, if not for his entire career, or: b) stay at Oxford for one more season, gamble on having a great season, play well at the Euros and you are looking at a straight jump to the Premier for c£5.0 m and a huge increase in wages. Up to him and his agent- I would go for b) and not just because I’m an Oxford fan! I always felt that COD made a mistake in agitating for a move to Bristol City. If he’d stuck with us for another nine months, he would also have leapfrogged the Championship.....

His agent will be speaking to clubs all the time. He wouldn’t be doing his job properly if he wasn’t. It’ll be stick or twist time for him in the next few weeks....option a) get a move now for £1.5-2.0m to a good Championship club. A nice increase in wages, but may well get stuck at that level for a few years, if not for his entire career, or: b) stay at Oxford for one more season, gamble on having a great season, play well at the Euros and you are looking at a straight jump to the Premier for c£5.0 m and a huge increase in wages. Up to him and his agent- I would go for b) and not just because I’m an Oxford fan! I always felt that COD made a mistake in agitating for a move to Bristol City. If he’d stuck with us for another nine months, he would also have leapfrogged the Championship.....

He won't go straight to the PL unless he scores huge amounts for us and Northern Ireland. Top end of the Championship perhaps but never the PL.

Robinson says in the press that he's heard nothing from Cardiff. Gavin Whyte told me directly that he hasn't heard anything and hasn't spoken to anyone. But a few fans talk amongst themselves and somehow the deal is done??

Those would be good points, but I'm afraid mick reckons he's gone, which is all the evidence I need.
Thanks for the memories gav.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190724-150315.jpg
    Screenshot_20190724-150315.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 174
He won't go straight to the PL unless he scores huge amounts for us and Northern Ireland. Top end of the Championship perhaps but never the PL.
Agree. That’s exactly my point. Score 15-20 next season as a winger, play well at the Euros, and you will be picked up by one of the smaller clubs in the PL, or by a team just promoted to the PL. COD went too early, and looks like he has got stuck in the Championship......

can’t say i’d be surprised if he goes after his debut season for us but would hope it was for more than 2m.
timing is a bit shite for us though

Back
Top Bottom