Franchise Friendly

Play one up top against us and we'll dominate and cause problems but play 2 up top and we become lacklustre and struggle to threaten. Game against palace and tonight prove this.

So, I'll have to think about that result
Goodnight folks.

Maybe it's because I don't get out much, but I quite enjoyed this evening. We seem to lack a bit of pace down the middle up front. Otherwise looked hard working with some decent team play developing.

Quite frankly we were second best for most of that match. If that is our strongest 11, then we desperately need two strikers who late going to create chances and score the goals.
KR needs to be able to bring depth to the squad. Stroking the ball around a perfect pitch on a summers evening against Leeds United youngsters is one thing, a cold Tuesday night up north scrapping against the likes of Blackpool is another.

I’d rather have a sh@te last pre season and be up for it first game. KR said he wanted them knackered and tired after an intense pre season. Let’s hope it’s all part of the master plan. ps still think we are at least a striker short

Irrelevant result. The performance and organisation is the most important.

Did find it a bit gloomy, though, that after the talk of ten new players only 3 start the final warm-up.

It seems a hell of a lot of business has been left late all over the leagues

Just back.

Utter pish. We were OK in a sort of 'ooh that's nice football but in a non-threatening way' for the first 15-20 minutes I suppose, but after that... dear lord.

We were defensively poor on the wide left. Carruthers had a stinker, and looks to have no pace whatsoever. We were weak in central midfield, and eventually MK just started to run through. We didn't give Obika (who, to be fair, did OK and looks much improved) enough support, so he really was on his own up there. It's difficult to hold the ball and pass it to one of your supposed attacking teammates when they are 30 yards away and merely ambling towards you. A couple of Eastwoods short kicks out to his defenders were wayward and virtually suicidal.

Mackie when he came on was completely anonymous. I hope he is still getting fit, because if what we saw tonight was what he can offer then he was a bad signing.

Their goal came from us cocking up a throw in. Competely.

The brightest period for me was when the youngsters came on at the end. Norman, Baptiste and Lopez were a breath of fresh air, giving us a bit of impetus and energy going forward.

We are desperate for a decent defensive midfielder, we need to get the other 'attackers' closer to the front man if KR is going to insist on one up front. We need another 2 central strikers - Mackie plainly isn't one really, Obika was knackered fairly early he was working so hard. So we need someone who can come on later in a game (even if Obika starts) and another to cover for injuries.

I really hope those players were playing at about 75%, because it's not going to be a pleasant season if they were anywhere near at full tilt.

Just back.

Utter pish. We were OK in a sort of 'ooh that's nice football but in a non-threatening way' for the first 15-20 minutes I suppose, but after that... dear lord.

We were defensively poor on the wide left. Carruthers had a stinker, and looks to have no pace whatsoever. We were weak in central midfield, and eventually MK just started to run through. We didn't give Obika (who, to be fair, did OK and looks much improved) enough support, so he really was on his own up there. It's difficult to hold the ball and pass it to one of your supposed attacking teammates when they are 30 yards away and merely ambling towards you. A couple of Eastwoods short kicks out to his defenders were wayward and virtually suicidal.

Mackie when he came on was completely anonymous. I hope he is still getting fit, because if what we saw tonight was what he can offer then he was a bad signing.

Their goal came from us cocking up a throw in. Competely.

The brightest period for me was when the youngsters came on at the end. Norman, Baptiste and Lopez were a breath of fresh air, giving us a bit of impetus and energy going forward.

We are desperate for a decent defensive midfielder, we need to get the other 'attackers' closer to the front man if KR is going to insist on one up front. We need another 2 central strikers - Mackie plainly isn't one really, Obika was knackered fairly early he was working so hard. So we need someone who can come on later in a game (even if Obika starts) and another to cover for injuries.

I really hope those players were playing at about 75%, because it's not going to be a pleasant season if they were anywhere near at full tilt.
Hopefully we have got the s**t out of the way as everyone has been relatively happy until tonight. Been away on holiday in Brixham this week and also been in pub watching my other sporting love Yorkshire county cricket club tonight so been away from Oufc a bit today. Any potential incoming players.

Hopefully we have got the s**t out of the way as everyone has been relatively happy until tonight. Been away on holiday in Brixham this week and also been in pub watching my other sporting love Yorkshire county cricket club tonight so been away from Oufc a bit today. Any potential incoming players.
Nothing incoming but one leaving. Plunkett to go to Surrey. Sorry to break it to you... ?

Irrelevant result. The performance and organisation is the most important.

Did find it a bit gloomy, though, that after the talk of ten new players only 3 start the final warm-up.

It seems a hell of a lot of business has been left late all over the leagues
Yes... And the performance was frankly abysmal for the most part. Apart from the first 15 minutes MK looked quicker and more up for it.

Carruthers looked uninterested and slow - he's not a winger is he?
Obika was decent in the first half - should have done better with a header in the second.
The two centre backs looked all over the place at times.

I thought Norman did much better in his short stint than McMahon.
Brannigan was ok, but hope Ruffles isn't his starting partner in midfield.

As said, Mackie looked unfit.
Baptiste was another who looked decent in his few minutes.

Brixham must have been stunning in this weather, off there on Friday for a week but knowing my luck it will be snowing by then!!!

Last edited:
Nothing incoming but one leaving. Plunkett to go to Surrey. Sorry to break it to you... ?
No problem already new only played 5 matches in all forms this year,when you bat like we do it’s relatively easy to defend a total.

Back
Top Bottom