Franchise Friendly

Brixham must have been stunning in this weather, off there on Friday for a week but knowing my luck it will be snowing by then!!!
Has been fantastic down here this week. The weather is not brilliant for the next day or so but good thereafter. Me and my oldest boy have sunburn. So many towns so close together makes it so easy to entertain kids but also great for adults. Enjoy your holiday we certainly have.?

A good result, it might just help those in power that more players are still needed, might raise a few questions with the management that we still are not the finished article, the pre season is to get game time under the belt and let the management tinker different things.

***Shrugs shoulders***

It was a pre-season friendly, the result is irrelevant. It was the final game when KR deliberately had them playing fatigued. They've got a week to recover and concentrate on preparing for the Barnsley game.

It was the final game when KR deliberately had them playing fatigued.

I'm no sports scientist but I don't think I've heard of this approach before? Seems slightly old skool. Perhaps all footballs will be banned this week in training so the players will be more hungry for it next Saturday!

I was very disappointment with the overall performance, it would be easy to criticise most of the players, if not all of them, I felt we didn’t create enough good chances, and then failed to convert when we did. It is only a week before a difficult first game, I’d be happy for a draw at Barnsley, delighted with a win, but after last nights performance, unless they improve considerably, we could end up with what we usually get in Eurovision nil points

I'm no sports scientist but I don't think I've heard of this approach before? Seems slightly old skool. Perhaps all footballs will be banned this week in training so the players will be more hungry for it next Saturday!

The thought behind it is when we get to a period of heavy fixture congestion, we'll be more ready for it than other teams.

No problem already new only played 5 matches in all forms this year,when you bat like we do it’s relatively easy to defend a total.
I'm just annoyed he went to Surrey, should have gone to a proper club... Like Middx! (although to be fair it's batting where we are struggling)

I think people who were there (myself included) are just reporting what we saw. Yes, pre-season and yes, the game and result are both completely meaningless. (Not sure from some of the tackles that is was 'friendly''!) But it was fairly obvious where we are lacking and what problems we might have - both of which are worth pointing out. Calling people 'whining little bitches' for telling those who couldn't get there what happened is extremely childish - are you about 15 years old?

I think people who were there (myself included) are just reporting what we saw. Yes, pre-season and yes, the game and result are both completely meaningless. (Not sure from some of the tackles that is was 'friendly''!) But it was fairly obvious where we are lacking and what problems we might have - both of which are worth pointing out. Calling people 'whining little bitches' for telling those who couldn't get there what happened is extremely childish - are you about 15 years old?

It was aimed at kip and the serial moaners, I could call them worse but it's a family forum!

Just to point out to the moaners the players I believe were put through a training session yesterday morning. The idea was to get them tired before the game then play a match. This method will be crucial in improving fitness levels.

Back
Top Bottom