General Forest Green female caretaker manager

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Last edited:
I know Hannah having refereed her academy teams a few times. She’s a good coach and well-qualified, but I can see FGR bringing in a more experienced coach to take over the reins or even work with her. Who do we know who might be up to that task? 🤔

Has been academy manager for four years apparently, the first and still the only woman to hold that position in the league, so not a particularly left field appointment.

There may be an element of PR stunt involved too, but I think it's quite feasible that she'll get it permanently - particularly as they've not got much to lose in the short term.

BTW - I bet there is a burger king somewhere in Gloucestershire that has had a very lucrative evening tonight....

Strange time to change manager, I doubt she will keep the job but Forest Green are a strange club and it sort of fits in with them.

Would really like to see this appointment work out.

Probably going to get more publicity the normal because this is a female appointment, just like when we have a female referee, which still shows how backward we seem to be when it comes to women in the game.

It was always going to happen in England at some point. And why not? If she’s qualified for it, good on her and best of luck.

What’s weird about this is the date of sacking of Ferguson there. Sacking a manager in July shows that something must’ve gone wrong behind the scenes. You either get rid once the season has ended or commit to them over the summer. It gives the new manager far less time to put a team together.

Sadly, I think this is another publicity stunt from FGR and Dale Vince. I would be surprised if they don’t find a permanent (male) manager before the season starts.

Sadly, I think this is another publicity stunt from FGR and Dale Vince. I would be surprised if they don’t find a permanent (male) manager before the season starts.

Perhaps, but it does at least give publicity to the role of women in football too.

I reckon they have done this to hide the fact they have got rid of a fairly high profile manager (for Forest Green) at the start of July, can’t remember any club in this country doing that so they are using her to deflect criticism.

She is only caretaker manager during a time no proper games are being played, will probably never be on charge of an actual match so it does have Vince virtue signaling written all over it.

I know Hannah having refereed her academy teams a few times. She’s a good coach and well-qualified, but I can see FGR bringing in a more experienced coach to take over the reins or even work with her. Who do we know who might be up to that task? 🤔
God forbid it’s that fat scouce t**t, for her sake.

Possibly, but it’s not a great look if it is tokenism

She has been with the club for 4 years in a significant coaching role and had previously worked as a coach at Burton so it's not as if she was parachuted in from outside the club to just be caretaker manager.

She has been with the club for 4 years in a significant coaching role and had previously worked as a coach at Burton so it's not as if she was parachuted in from outside the club to just be caretaker manager.
Also the previous manager, a big tough experienced ex player, didn't do very well. I don't see that being a woman would be problematic now, though I'm sure it would have been twenty years ago.

Also the previous manager, a big tough experienced ex player, didn't do very well. I don't see that being a woman would be problematic now, though I'm sure it would have been twenty years ago.

To be fair to Ferguson no one was keeping that team up, worst team in this division since we came back up to it. Strange job for him to take, then a strange ending with him going at this time.

To be fair to Ferguson no one was keeping that team up, worst team in this division since we came back up to it. Strange job for him to take, then a strange ending with him going at this time.
A new manager normally gives a bounce though, and even if he wasn't going to keep them up they seemed to get a lot worse under him.

If she gets results, that's all that matters. I suspect this is a minor publicity stunt though and she'll not manage a competitive match.

If she gets results, that's all that matters. I suspect this is a minor publicity stunt though and she'll not manage a competitive match.
Not so sure... given that she's been there for years and, by all accounts done a good job with their academy, then I would think it's quite conceivable that she'll be given a decent run at it

A new manager normally gives a bounce though, and even if he wasn't going to keep them up they seemed to get a lot worse under him.

They were bottom when he took over. The new manager bounce normally is down to a team underachieving, they were as poor as their position so a bounce was unlikely, doubt Guardiola would have got much from them.

Our new manager never had that much of a bounce, but with the limited squad he had been left he did a decent job.

Back
Top Bottom