League Two Forest Green

It does feel from the outside that Dale Vince is losing some interest as they appear to be an absolute mess regardless of whatever this is.

Very odd. Wonder if the EFL Trophy game is in doubt (not that I really care!)

Actually speculation seems to be that it's just an FA Cup issue, ineligible player or something. (Although you'd think that would be cut and dried enough that the FA wouldn't have to "investigate" as such.)

Edit - a theory is that it's Troy Deeney, who played in the cup after being on 5 yellows, then missed their next league game instead. (I'm not actually sure of the rules, but I thought yellows stayed within a single competition these days? Or is that reds?)

Anyone think Troy Deeney could do a job for us?

#youngerthanBillySharp

• Haha
Reactions: MJB
Another theory suggested is that it is the keeper they've had on emergency loan for a good while when they've had a keeper available for a chunk of it. Their own keeper apparently has played in Abomination Trophy matches and been on the bench in that time.

If it is this then it could affect more than the FA Cup as it would break the emergency loan regulations.

Pretty sure it's not the Deeney thing - from the FA site: "Accumulating five, ten, fifteen or twenty Yellow Cards in league matches can result in an automatic ban in your relevant league." So a ban for 5 yellows should apply to the next league match, the way I read that.

So presumably it's this emergency loan of Belshaw from Bristol Rovers then. Interesting.

EFL Trophy match shouldn't be affected as Belshaw didn't play in that competition for FGR (or even appear in the squad).

Weird how Barnsley had to forfeit their game, for what seems to be the same offence.

It's a bit odd that Barnsley were kicked out of the competition for fielding an ineligible player, but for what at least looks like the same offence FGR just have to replay their game. Or have I missed something?

Back
Top Bottom