General Fans Open Day

A weekend at the stadium would certainly have been the best option, but that was not possible. There are capacity limitations at the Training Ground. Parking is very limited there so it was only with coming up with the idea of a shuttle bus from the Kass that any kind of open day started to look like it would happen. Do use that option if you can.
Roll on 2026, and our own place that we can use for this kind of thing.

What’s parking like there though? (I have no idea so it’s a genuine question). The ballot asks if people will be able to get there by car or can get there by other means (which probably means you’ll see more joy if you say you can get there without needing a parking space I imagine.)

All the more reason to get the stadium built, so we can host these things at the new ground and make use of the various excellent public transport options in future!
Parking is often limited by other, normal users. First sight of the site appears as lots of open space but, a lot of that space is taken up by some very expensive training pitches. Not to be used as a spot for the bouncy castle or ice cream van!
The pavilion is reasonably sized but inadequate for more than 25 -30 people at a time.
Limiting numbers is then very understandable.
Sadly, any sort of open day/fan gathering is going to be difficult as long as the Kasstad is off limits or, simply too expensive. I'm just pleased that the club is making some kind of effort to facilitate.
Come 2026, we may well see a huge difference and facilities to provide a real fan experience.

• React
Reactions: MJB
A weekend at the stadium would certainly have been the best option, but that was not possible. There are capacity limitations at the Training Ground. Parking is very limited there so it was only with coming up with the idea of a shuttle bus from the Kass that any kind of open day started to look like it would happen. Do use that option if you can.
Roll on 2026, and our own place that we can use for this kind of thing.
Totally missed the shuttle bus option - is there any way to update our entries?

Parking is often limited by other, normal users. First sight of the site appears as lots of open space but, a lot of that space is taken up by some very expensive training pitches. Not to be used as a spot for the bouncy castle or ice cream van!
The pavilion is reasonably sized but inadequate for more than 25 -30 people at a time.
Sadly, any sort of open day/fan gathering is going to be difficult as long as the Kasstad is off limits or, simply too expensive. I'm just pleased that the club is making some kind of effort to facilitate.
Come 2026, we may well see a huge difference and facilities to provide a real fan experience.
Thanks, that’s all very clear and interesting to know.

I didn't see that option either. Oh well looks like I won't be going as I opted to arrive by car.

As for people saying why is it exclusive to season ticket holders, with a limited capacity of course it should be season ticket holders only. Loyal fans come first.

There's also a ballot so not every ST holder can attend but it is what it is I'm not going to complain because I will be away on my holidays 😀
We are also away on holliers as well, we will be waving the flag, well wearing our shirts, in Costa La Great Yarmouth. I have a different shirt for every day :)

We are also away on holliers as well, we will be waving the flag, well wearing our shirts, in Costa La Great Yarmouth. I have a different shirt for every day :)
Haven't been to great Yarmouth for years used to go every year when I was young. I shall be wearing the new home and hopefully the new away one got to show our colours

What’s parking like there though? (I have no idea so it’s a genuine question). The ballot asks if people will be able to get there by car or can get there by other means (which probably means you’ll see more joy if you say you can get there without needing a parking space I imagine.)

All the more reason to get the stadium built, so we can host these things at the new ground and make use of the various excellent public transport options in future!
There's a car park at training ground, there's a car park opposite at the Horsepath sports pitches , there's parking at Horsepath village , the no 43 bus goes to the training ground, from town ,via Abingdon road, Florence park, Cowley centre, Horsepath. & Through Wheatley onto Great Milton visa versa. The no 10 goes to top of Horsepath rd ,just a short walk from there . People living on the Leys ,can walk through the old Roman way & your there. So it can be done .. I know what you mean though it should be at your own stadium. That's why I detest every thing about the K***m stadium ...

• React
Reactions: MJB
What? No ice cream van? The cheek of it sack the board

It’s my sons 10th birthday on the 17th august and he would love to go to this but he doesn’t have a season ticket so if I got through the ballot I can’t believe the club would not let him go. I do get it regarding numbers but would assume every ballot person gets a guest of some kind, season ticket or not.

I didn't see that option either. Oh well looks like I won't be going as I opted to arrive by car.

As for people saying why is it exclusive to season ticket holders, with a limited capacity of course it should be season ticket holders only. Loyal fans come first.
You can resubmit your form if you wish to change anything.

Is that yet ANOTHER leak of the second kit on the floor there?

View attachment 14458

You should be sacked for leaking that.
The name and number of our next signing is printed on the back of it.

And what’s that next to it? A kettlebell? A kettlebell and a shirt? Or maybe a jersey, as some might call it?

A kettlebell and a jersey? A ‘k’ and a ‘j’?

KJ? Kyle Joseph?

Fuuuuucking hell.

I used to love the Family Open Days in the mid-nineties.The big game on the Manor pitch (kids v players) was f*****g brilliant.

I remember kicking Darren Purse in the shin one year while trying to tackle him, and Stuart Massey then picked me up, carried me over his shoulder and threw me off the pitch for it. Good times.

As Physio, I’m sure John Clinkard was delighted with the playing squad being set upon by 400 kids a few weeks before the season started!!

On this particular Open Day, it’s a bit limited but it’s better than nowt so I’m not going to complain. Next year they should be planning something much bigger (and bigger still when we’re hopefully in the new stadium), but again this is a step in the right direction, so it’s generally a positive thing.
I remember that!

It must have been roughly 1997. Aged 7 I was a good player and a highly driven, courted by a few clubs at the time. I recall being frustrated by other kids and their inability to prevent an offensive onslaught. Looking back, about 100 kids under the age of 10 trying to stop a recently promoted Division 1 side on reflection was a tad ambitious.

Amazing to think I even contemplated having a chance! :ROFLMAO:

I remember that!

It must have been roughly 1997. Aged 7 I was a good player and a highly driven, courted by a few clubs at the time. I recall being frustrated by other kids and their inability to prevent an offensive onslaught. Looking back, about 100 kids under the age of 10 trying to stop a recently promoted Division 1 side on reflection was a tad ambitious.

Amazing to think I even contemplated having a chance! :ROFLMAO:
Haha. They really were amazing days.

Big photos of 500 odd kids in front of the London Road (which I have up in the loft somewhere)? Big game against the squad on the pitch, autographs from the squad in the Beech Road? Rosie handing out Wagon Wheels? Marvellous.

Just seeing things at pitch level was amazing.

We need to get back to things like this for the kids in future years at The Triangle, should it happen. Days that you remember your whole life.

Back
Top Bottom