General Fans Open Day

I guess they play matches on Saturdays? Plenty of retired folk will go along I'm sure

Hold it on a Sunday.

I appreciate this summer may have been difficult to do at the training ground because of the pitches being redone (unless my memory is letting me down) and other priorities (new stadium etc) but next summer, it really needs to be in pre-season at the weekend.

I’m disappointed with the date the day and the limitations. It cannot be called an open day due to the number restrictions and season tickets holders only. Open days should be an event to reach out to the whole base and potential new supporters! I appreciate season tickets holders should be entitled to something extra, but feel the club have again missed the point!

I’m disappointed with the date the day and the limitations. It cannot be called an open day due to the number restrictions and season tickets holders only. Open days should be an event to reach out to the whole base and potential new supporters! I appreciate season tickets holders should be entitled to something extra, but feel the club have again missed the point!
There's also a ballot so not every ST holder can attend but it is what it is I'm not going to complain because I will be away on my holidays 😀

I entered myself and my my boys in BEFORE they added "4. Will you be bringing any additional guests who are Season Ticket holders?"

So i guess i have to re enter them?

Edit: The club have DM'd me to add them to my ballot.

it should be renamed the "Partially open Day"

Remember the days where you could discuss your hopes and concerns with the chairman over a pint in Spain?

Blimey we've come a long way since and not in the right direction.

Great way to get more new fans engaged lads, top work.

Hold it on a Sunday.

I appreciate this summer may have been difficult to do at the training ground because of the pitches being redone (unless my memory is letting me down) and other priorities (new stadium etc) but next summer, it really needs to be in pre-season at the weekend.
Agree. I think it was before the 17/18 season they held a big Sunday open day in Abingdon with hundreds of people. I took a few of my son's friends, had a great time meeting players and getting autographs - two of them ended up loyal fans with STs. Don't really blame the club with so much change happening this year but something upbeat and positive along those lines held in Kidlington this close season would have been ideal. But... this is still a postive step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom