General live 'open' Fans forum 17/12/2019

I think it is possible that our current philosophy on player recruitment which I strongly support may work against us in some ways. We have a hard core of top quality L1 players in Henry, Fosu, Eastwood and Gorrin but our current success is largely built on two or three potentially Premiership quality players in Dickie, Brannagan and Baptiste. You cannot stand in the way of these players if they were to get the opportunity to go to a top Championship or even Premiership club but it leaves a big hole which will take time to replace. We suffered a blip when the likes of Lundstram, Roofe, and Ledson etc moved on but we have recovered well. Personally I am happy watching us play as we do fighting for a promotion spot and playing free flowing football but as Luton are finding out it is much harder in the Championship particularly when you need to replace your better players.

I think we almost need to embrace the fact that we are going into a January transfer window with a number of players who are likely to be subject to multi million pound bids as well as a recruitment team that are already identifying high quality additions/replacements. It's not that long ago when we were looking a free agents or untested youth players at best.

Yesterday showed what this team and this club is capable of, but it will always be an evolving process rather than a finished product. One player leaving provides an opportunity for someone else to step up, and whilst I'd love to keep this team together that is not always possible.

Let's enjoy the ride, even if it gets a little bumpy at times.

I think we almost need to embrace the fact that we are going into a January transfer window with a number of players who are likely to be subject to multi million pound bids as well as a recruitment team that are already identifying high quality additions/replacements. It's not that long ago when we were looking a free agents or untested youth players at best.

In bears repeating, once again, 12 years ago yesterday we were beaten in the FA Trophy by Tonbridge Angels!

Burton Albion managed 3 seasons

The pedant in me can't help but correct this.....because it was only 2 seasons.

Promoted as League One runners up in 2015-16.
20th in the Championship in 2016-17
23rd and relegated in 2017-18.

The pedant in me can't help but correct this.....because it was only 2 seasons.

Promoted as League One runners up in 2015-16.
20th in the Championship in 2016-17
23rd and relegated in 2017-18.
I wasn’t sure whether it was 2/3 but thanks for correcting me.

Back
Top Bottom