Matches Fake rivalry (wycombe)

Yes we did, we played Swindon twice which was the question I was responding to on what that game should be called (MarkG mentioned the A420 Derby in his post).
Sorry I thought you were on about Wycombe

Last edited:
Pompey have never been given the side stand.

Sunderland have twice, although last time there was nearly 1,000 empty seats in their sections.

Apart from that only Aston Villa and Port Vale have been given the side stand in the last 10 years.

So if you’re trying to suggest that Oxford get special treatment then that’s not true, plenty of clubs sell out the away end and don’t get given any of the side.

TVP might play a part, I think we all know that there’s a chance that is the case
Nothing whatsoever to do with TVP .....despite WWFC claims on twitter, then when WWFC were called out by TVP it was blamed on a work experience kid .....f*****g bullshitters

Pompey have never been given the side stand.

Sunderland have twice, although last time there was nearly 1,000 empty seats in their sections.

Apart from that only Aston Villa and Port Vale have been given the side stand in the last 10 years.

So if you’re trying to suggest that Oxford get special treatment then that’s not true, plenty of clubs sell out the away end and don’t get given any of the side.

TVP might play a part, I think we all know that there’s a chance that is the case

I may be getting a little sidetracked from the main point of this thread (which is clearly just a Battle of Who Could Care Less [about Wycombe])

But out of curiosity, why Port Vale? I've never thought of them as traveling in big numbers!?

I may be getting a little sidetracked from the main point of this thread (which is clearly just a Battle of Who Could Care Less [about Wycombe])

But out of curiosity, why Port Vale? I've never thought of them as traveling in big numbers!?
They were promoted against us on the final day of the 2012/13 season

It seems to me that Wycombe really need a rival but don’t seem to have one because they are new to the league in comparison to many teams around them
Over the years we seemed to play Swindon and Reading most seasons
Now of course we haven’t played Reading for many seasons but I have no doubt that when we do the rivalry will be fierce and that’s the thing as far as Wycombe are concerned that rivalry will never be fierce between us and them
To any WW fans who do you see as your main rivals

I don’t think anyone dreams of playing Oxford United.

Even by current league one standards you’d barely squeeze into being considered top 10 in terms of size!
yep thats why youre on here then.
as for size, wycombe are basically non league.

Back
Top Bottom