Matches Fake rivalry (wycombe)

Why is it not right?

Those

Stevensge and Northampton were also relatively local teams with non league background where we have played some significant games and they have a contrasting style to us.

And really I could name a half dozen teams like Luton Bristol rovers Barnsley or portsmouth where we have played regular significant games and where’s theres far more excitement and edge .

It’s not derision it’s just you’re not really explaining why it’s special.

I understand the psychological coping mechanism of needing feelings reciprocated but it’s been over 20 years that you’ve been about and it still isn’t registering . 😉
I don't think you can accuse Northampton of having a non league background they have been a league club for over 100 years even spending a season in ghe top flight.

I think Millwall vs West Ham might mean there's 2
I could imagine that gets a bit tasty, don't play each other that often though these days unfortunately. That would be one hell of an atmosphere.

Only one derby in London for me, that's Arsenal v Spurs. I know they tried to get some sort of Chelsea v Fulham thing going, but not sure how the fans feel with regards to that fixture. Anyone know who Chelsea regard their main rivals to be? Or do they just hate everyone?

Chelsea lad I work with doesn't think much of QPR.

Only one derby in London for me, that's Arsenal v Spurs. I know they tried to get some sort of Chelsea v Fulham thing going, but not sure how the fans feel with regards to that fixture. Anyone know who Chelsea regard their main rivals to be? Or do they just hate everyone?
West Ham and Milwall might say something different now jog on treacle

It would be poisonous. A load of Peaky Blinders style dockers, fights on trams, dark deeds obscured by the London smog
Taking your claret and blue of going through Whitechapel tube station and not putting them back on until you get to Mile End

I’ve just checked on Futbology (ground hopper) and it’s not there under badges / England. [then again, neither is Oxford-Swindon].
Should i email them to get it added. As what? the A420 derby?

fc576d3aabdcd6cc0cf859087f524ad0.jpg

1e505e5c5ea9cacfb3d24a39fb5794a5.jpg

Chelsea’s big rivals are Spurs, a lot of Spurs hate them as much as they do Arsenal. Probably the biggest London game for trouble by quite a long way.

Chelsea’s big rivals are Spurs, a lot of Spurs hate them as much as they do Arsenal. Probably the biggest London game for trouble by quite a long way.
Ha yes, in another life I attended a Chelsea-Spurs game in about 1975, as a skinny kid I watched as people fought on the pitch, hit each other with corner flags, etc. The losers (Chelsea) got relegated.

Was your point not they are rivals due to us having bigger crowds for the games? I simply selected the following home game in the fixture list, against an average opponent.

There are big crowds because they bring best part of 1800 with them, not because any perceived local Derby. I'd also suggest that because they aren't derby matches, it's a more relaxed game for families to attend than a game against Swindon would be.
Yes, my point was that but you picked one game, the boxing day home game, to compare too which is always one of the biggest home crowds. It is best to look at other games to make a good comparison. Looking at the other games that season, given some of the other teams which would have sold out the away end, your Sunderlands, Ipswich's etc the Wycombe game was easily one of the biggest attendences for home fans! Around 8200 home fans for the Wycombe game which was bigger than most league home attendences that season!

Ha yes, in another life I attended a Chelsea-Spurs game in about 1975, as a skinny kid I watched as people fought on the pitch, hit each other with corner flags, etc. The losers (Chelsea) got relegated.
My claim to fame is that Easter Monday 1974, I went to Chelsea/Spurs with a school friend who claimed to be a big Chelsea fan. We would have been 15 years old and I had never been to Stamford Bridge. We got to the ground quite early and wandered round a bit and as soon as the turnstiles opened we went in. We were all alone on the terrace for the best part of an hour before others started arriving, mostly older supporters, but by 1:30 there were enough people around us for me to twig we were in the away end!

I was fine as I had no scarf or colours, but my friend had a blue Chelsea T-shirt (replica shirts were not the thing then) under his coat, which he promptly fastened up to his neck! We made our way down to the front and attracted the attention of a steward, who was most amused by out predicament. He managed to remark "You're fcuking dead" as he tried to stifle his laughter, but eventually opened a gate in the fencing and walked us around the side of the pitch to The Shed end, where I watched a very boring 0-0 from the corner.....

I’ve just checked on Futbology (ground hopper) and it’s not there under badges / England. [then again, neither is Oxford-Swindon].

The "Swindon get a kicking Derby"?

one of the 'lad' mags run a short series some years ago, about intense football rivalries in England ( or maybe Britain) .... Oxford Swindon was included as one of them .... cant remember which one of the lads mags it was , Nuts maybe?

Back
Top Bottom