FA Cup FA Youth Cup

Didn't see the game Jerome but a good result for the team, winning 3-1 vs Torquay.

Was gonna say it’s a shame it wasn’t played at the Kassam till I saw 194 attended.

Roll on the new ground where an occasion like this could be made free entry and we may get a 1,000 who turn up at Stratfield Brake.

The first team went to watch and support the youngsters
It was hilarious. KR had obviously told them they had to come down for the first half after training. They were like a bunch of school kids on a foreign exchange, not knowing what they were supposed to be doing, moving in a pack and with inappropriate clothing for the weather. On cue, they all sloped off at half-time. KR stayed, cosying up to Fowler.

It was hilarious. KR had obviously told them they had to come down for the first half after training. They were like a bunch of school kids on a foreign exchange, not knowing what they were supposed to be doing and with inappropriate clothing for the weather. On cue, they all sloped off at half-time. KR stayed, cosying up to Fowler.

Well done on getting a dig in about KR on a thread about the Youth Team....

Horndean at home in the second round.
It seems like a good opportunity to get another good cup run for the youngsters.

A few years ago, it was really entertaining watching Tyler, Slavi, Nico, Fabio Lopes, Leon CP et al playing for the U18s at Abingdon. Add Goldi, Donks and Josh Johnson to the mix more recently and we've had a productive couple of years.

So far, I'm afraid I'm not getting quite the same buzz from the latest crop of U18s. I can't see where the next contender is gonna come from. Zabelli maybe. To be fair though, sometimes players at that age suddenly kick on, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

A few years ago, it was really entertaining watching Tyler, Slavi, Nico, Fabio Lopes, Leon CP et al playing for the U18s at Abingdon. Add Goldi, Donks and Josh Johnson to the mix more recently and we've had a productive couple of years.

So far, I'm afraid I'm not getting quite the same buzz from the latest crop of U18s. I can't see where the next contender is gonna come from. Zabelli maybe. To be fair though, sometimes players at that age suddenly kick on, so let's keep our fingers crossed.
From what I read , a lot of young players are having games in the Youth Team ( players who could play in the younger age groups).
Of the group that you mention, JJ, Goodrham and O' Donkor ( plus Golding) are the ones who could well make it.
It would be very disappointing if there are not at least a couple coming through who will not be equally good if not better.

From what I read , a lot of young players are having games in the Youth Team ( players who could play in the younger age groups).
Of the group that you mention, JJ, Goodrham and O' Donkor ( plus Golding) are the ones who could well make it.
It would be very disappointing if there are not at least a couple coming through who will not be equally good if not better.
Currently, I can't see past the four you mention. Fingers crossed somebody makes strides. Like I said, Zabelli probably the bookies favourite, but beyond that...

The unfortunate reality about academies and youth teams at our level is that a few talents are earmarked to potentially 'make it' and the rest are strung along to provide a team for the 'chosen ones' to flourish.

The unfortunate reality about academies and youth teams at our level is that a few talents are earmarked to potentially 'make it' and the rest are strung along to provide a team for the 'chosen ones' to flourish.
Really?
Unbelievably cynical view.
Maybe some just develop slower? I am sure that some make it that weren't expected to and different players develop at totally different speeds

James Golding, Josh Johnson, Tyler Goodrham, Gatlin O’Donkor.

4 big talents. Hopefully we sort them National League loan moves January onwards so they can play men’s football week in week out.

• React
Reactions: BDJ
Really?
Unbelievably cynical view.
Maybe some just develop slower? I am sure that some make it that weren't expected to and different players develop at totally different speeds
Cynicism based in reality I'm afraid, having witnessed it close hand. You're completely correct that they all develop at different speeds, but if you watch the games, it's pretty easy to get a sniff of potential or not, same as with the first team. Tyler's been standing out like a beacon in the youth team for years.

Cynicism based in reality I'm afraid, having witnessed it close hand. You're completely correct that they all develop at different speeds, but if you watch the games, it's pretty easy to get a sniff of potential or not, same as with the first team. Tyler's been standing out like a beacon in the youth team for years.

Agreed on Goodrham. Stood out even alongside the likes of LCP, Lofthouse, Lopes etc for me.

Good win for the youngsters mid week and they are in the 3rd round of the FA Youth Cup ( at Exeter)
I see that an U16 player scored one of the goals. Did anybody on here go?

Back
Top Bottom