Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

"weak ego"
Yet he went on to sell books about footballers and their stories about how they acted up and probably some acted the way they did due to mental health issues.

I hope he now has found the support he needs but at the same time, don’t act like billy big B*****s and putting on social media how much money you have when there are many people who will be suffering from mental health issues due to money worries. Sympathy might not be that forthcoming.

The irony of having 3 ex yellows on the bench for a team in the top 6 of league 1 tonight!
Forster Caskey, Alex Macdonald and Kane Hemmings all on the bench for Stevenage tonight.

A review of the highest scoring Ireland internationals in one season.
Featuring John Aldridge and Oxford United at the top.

"John Aldridge’s all-time season best was 34 with Oxford United in 1984/85 when they competed in the old Second Division (now the Championship).

That earned the club promotion to the top-flight, where Aldo scored 31 in all competitions, including three in the league."

Eh?

"John Aldridge’s all-time season best was 34 with Oxford United in 1984/85 when they competed in the old Second Division (now the Championship).

That earned the club promotion to the top-flight, where Aldo scored 31 in all competitions, including three in the league."

Eh?
My initial thought was “including 3 hat-tricks “, but he only scored one that season (v Dirty Leeds).

My initial thought was “including 3 hat-tricks “, but he only scored one that season (v Dirty Leeds).
No, the hattrick against Leeds was in Division 2 not the top flight. He scored a hattrick against Ipswich (in the 4-3 comeback game), and I think one in the Milk Cup as well. Maybe another?

Dave Kitson has been appointed as an international manager !
Presumably with some nice visits planned around Christmas time.

When did Dave Kitson get 'forgotten'?

Considering his books weren't that long ago and it was hardly a secret it was him. And he has been in the press every now and then. Or is it the AI reporter forgot about him?

There was a short piece on Leamington FC today on football focus and a clip of Tyrone Barnett, remember him? scoring for Leamington

Jordon Bowery playing right back for Mansfield. Amazing that KR didn’t try that 🤣

Jordon Bowery playing right back for Mansfield. Amazing that KR didn’t try that 🤣

He's played 22 times at right back for Mansfield this season. Also 8 at left back and only 4 at centre forward.

(There are more but these are appearances counted by transfermarkt by position).

Last edited:
He's played 22 times at right back for Mansfield this season. Also 8 at left back and only 4 at centre forward.

(There are more but these are appearances counted by transfermarkt by position).
Imagine the uproar on here if that had happened.
'Square pegs in round holes', 'players playing in their right position '

Notts Co 1 (Daniel Crowley) Salford 1 (Conor McAleny)
Luke Garbutt has been subbed off.
Jodi Jones & Sam Slocombe playing for Notts.
Richard Brindley (I think he might have played for us?) is sub.

Back
Top Bottom