Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

It is not a good sign when you're dropped in favour of Benji Buchel who was only an "ok" keeper.
Yes, I reckon if we had a decent keeper that season we would have gone up as Champions. We had a really good team but the Goalkeepers were a liability on occasions.

We had a cracking team that year which makes the lack of ability our keepers had all the more jarring. The flappy mess against Mansfield was kid who's scared of the ball and is only in goal because his dad is the manager kind of level.

Yes, I reckon if we had a decent keeper that season we would have gone up as Champions. We had a really good team but the Goalkeepers were a liability on occasions.
If we had Eastwood a season earlier (back when he was still POTY standard) we would’ve smashed 100 points. Any slightly above average keeper would’ve probably been enough for that, actually. The pair of them were a liability, and even Mapp knew it. Back then, though, he was the head coach and the recruitment team signed everybody. They got most other things right, mind. Leeds ended up taking most of them two years later, at the end of our first season back in L1.

Tbf to those, I remember him not being that good on his last loan with us.
He wasn’t as good but I thought still pretty good.

I really think, if you’re a decent league player and you let your contract run down, you can usually find a team in the league above willing to take a punt on you.

He wasn’t as good but I thought still pretty good.

I really think, if you’re a decent league player and you let your contract run down, you can usually find a team in the league above willing to take a punt on you.

My memory is of him playing a bit too much for himself.

Still definitely worth a punt for Brum.

I thought he played well for Gillingham and was more hard working and team-focused. I'd probably rather have him signed for a couple of years than borrow random wingers every year.

He did well for them. I remember a couple of Gills fans comments about how he became a bit one tricked and when the opposition worked it out he was less effective in the 2nd half of the season. That said it was a pretty good trick considering his record for them.

Based on his 2nd loan I wouldn't be bothered but based on his record for Gillingham I would have been fine if we had re-signed him.

Not a player, but Crystal Palace fans seem to think Shaun Derry is going to be their next manager.

Back
Top Bottom