Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Chrissy Maguire to Lincoln, MApp getting the band back together

giphy.gif

I believe I saw McAleney (spelling ?) to Salford on a sky sports banner news a week or so ago. The progress we expected never happened for him did it? He restricted himself to playing in the northwest, other than ourselves, whether that had something to do with it?

I believe I saw McAleney (spelling ?) to Salford on a sky sports banner news a week or so ago. The progress we expected never happened for him did it? He restricted himself to playing in the northwest, other than ourselves, whether that had something to do with it?

His time at Fleetwood was really bad for his career. I don't know if it was because Rosler didn't know how to use him or if the subsequent managers weren't interested, either way he only seems to be rebuilding his career.

I'm not sure if things would have been better if he had signed for us, given that MApp left during that summer and I think Pep would have wasted him too.

He’s got business in the NW that take up pretty much all of his time.

Football is very much a second way of thinking for him. A shame because he was/is a very talented player who should have made of his ability.

He’s got business in the NW that take up pretty much all of his time.

Football is very much a second way of thinking for him. A shame because he was/is a very talented player who should have made of his ability.
Yup. He’s one of those footballers who sees the sport as their job rather than their whole life.

He put a chunk of the big money he got at Everton until he was 24/25 into business ventures, including a health food company. One of the main reasons he always stayed within an hour of Liverpool, bar a few loans. Looks like that isn’t going to be changing.

21 goals in 46 games for a struggling Oldham side last season was decent. Good player. Shame we were never able to get him on a permanent.

Really good player - loads of end product. I felt he was a step above what we had here when he came in on loan.

I still think he'd be a better player to go for than Barker. Much more consistent. Surely if Wednesday are in for him, we should have a chance!!.

In other news, Brandon Barker must of had a full comb-over when playing for us, I'm just watching him playing Centre Midfield for Rangers vs Tranmare and he is almost completely bald, in the Professor Chris Whitty mould.

Last edited:
I still think he'd be a better player to go for than Barker. Much more consistent. Surely if Wednesday are in for him, we should have a chance!!.

In other news, Brandon Barker must of had a full comb-over when playing for us, I'm just watching him playing Centre Midfield for Rangers vs Tranmare and he is almost completely bald, in the Professor Chris Whitty mould.
Wednesday are bust but still richer than us!

Back
Top Bottom