Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Sam Slocombe playing for Notts County vs Chesterfield in the National League play offs.

Just had a bit of a 'mare for Chesterfield's goal. It was a powerful free kick but from a long way out and he had a clear view.

Lively though as Notts Co level pretty much straightaway.

I remember being on holiday in Kos in 2013, and a Chesterfield fan was staying at the same resort, and we had lots of drunken chats about football....I remember they were really hopeful about that coming season (and they won the league that year) but they've been in a bit of a downward spiral since....

Yes, I remember going to (and being impressed by) Chesterfield's shiny new stadium on a week night one year. They were flying high, we were struggling. We won IIRC :)

I remember being on holiday in Kos in 2013, and a Chesterfield fan was staying at the same resort, and we had lots of drunken chats about football....I remember they were really hopeful about that coming season (and they won the league that year) but they've been in a bit of a downward spiral since....
Excellent use of spiral given its Chesterfield

Yes, I remember going to (and being impressed by) Chesterfield's shiny new stadium on a week night one year. They were flying high, we were struggling. We won IIRC :)
1-0 down at half time and won 2-1. I think we were actually bottom of the league at that point. Goals from Tom Craddock and Steve MacLean turned it around in the second half, the latter of whom was completely and utterly unplayable. One of the best 45 minute displays I have witnessed from any Oxford player in more than 25 years. He was that good.

1-0 down at half time and won 2-1. I think we were actually bottom of the league at that point. Goals from Tom Craddock and Steve MacLean turned it around in the second half, the latter of whom was completely and utterly unplayable. One of the best 45 minute displays I have witnessed from any Oxford player in more than 25 years. He was that good.
Did he stand on the ball ?

• React
Reactions: m
Great player he was Deane Smalley.

He had some good qualities, and I really want him to do well, but his injuries, lack of confidence and shortcomings ultimately meant it never worked out. He had a brilliant spell at Chesterfield and it set expectations too high.

Judging by the score, a bit more comfort eating may be in prospect for him...

Torquay, Notts County, Hartlepool or Stockport back in the league then. Nice to see a traditional club joining Sutton.

I'm sure one of those 4 has an ex-player of ours or something.

Back
Top Bottom