Matches Crystal Palace - First 10k gate of the season

The North family have brought our tickets this morning. I’m also introducing a colleague to their first Oxford game!!

Got my son coming from Cardiff and my brother, in addition to us ST holders.

Remember, 5pm is cutoff for advanced booking, after that ticket prices increase by £2 each

It would be a great gesture of goodwill ofvthe club would stop doing this.
Presumably it is to stop everybody paying at the last minute ( causing delays for supporters).
I dont really see the problem with the club doing that?

Really good sales today, about 600, leaving us at over 7,200 home sales, excluding box sales. That leaves us at 8,700 total, including Palace's 1,450. I'm going to say we'll end up somewhere between 9,100 and 9,400 but hopefully higher.
Matchday Lunchtime Update.

Further good sales this morning of close to another 400 leave us at 7,600 home sales, excluding boxes. Add in the Palace 1,450 and we're now above 9,000 excluding boxes. Looks like we'll only be a few hundred short of the 10,000 mark after all.

The frustrating thing is, this could, and should, have been very close to a sell out.

This is what you call dedication. Live update from outside the ticket office.

Another 300+ since my 2pm update, meaning we're now over 7,900 excluding boxes and away fans. That means we're at 9,400 total, as a minimum. There's been a steady stream of people queuing at the ticket office since I got here 30 minutes ago.

I think we're going to be tantalisingly close to the 10,000 target, maybe a lot closer than I thought after Saturday!

Another 300+ since my 2pm update, meaning we're now over 7,900 excluding boxes and away fans. That means we're at 9,400 total, as a minimum. There's been a steady stream of people queuing at the ticket office since I got here 30 minutes ago.

I think we're going to be tantalisingly close to the 10,000 target, maybe a lot closer than I thought after Saturday!
Well done Colin!

Above & beyond the call of duty! :) (y)

Colin really has a Top 30 Dot Counting pedigree.

Enjoyable and brief review that.

But............Bovril on a Summers evening................... :sick:

It's a cold/frosty weather drink.

Mind you anyone who drinks Carlsberg is probably better of taking in an empty bottle and peeing in it and drinking that...........................

So, the final numbers.

Total Attendance: 9,564
Away Fans: 1,352
Home Fans: 8,212

Means exactly 300 sold in the last two hours before kick off and after my update from outside the ticket office. I don't think all boxes were full, so maybe 200 in the boxes and 100 actual tickets sold? Not really sure, as it seemed busier at the ticket windows, but of course people could have been buying Cheltenham, or other, tickets. When looking around the ground I'd say the actual numbers of people in the seats did actually reflect the ticket buying plan, which is not always the case.

I won't be doing this every week, just the big games. Let's hope we actually have some!!!

From my seat in SSL i could count about 15+ ST who were not in their usual seat. A v small sample I know and of course they may have chosen seats elsewhere. However the seats were taken by people I did not recognise. This is not necessarily a bad thing as it could get these people to attend more. Certainly I remember when Villa ST sales were down a few years ago they said that they had more tickets for occasional supporters who tended to spend more on merch etc on match days. It was a decent night so they may be tempted back again. Here's hoping.

Thanks to Colin B I always find the dot counting facinating

What impressed me most about the Palace support was exactly that - they supported their team throughout! There didn't seem to be the usual lazy songs that make my eyes roll - 'Oxford's a s**t hole I wanna go home' (for the record, it makes me cringe when we sing it) or references to a 3 sided ground or 'your support is f-----g s**t' or skinny teens calling out opposition fans from a safe 25 yards away.

They made a seriously good noise and more than contributed to a good atmosphere.

What impressed me most about the Palace support was exactly that - they supported their team throughout! There didn't seem to be the usual lazy songs that make my eyes roll - 'Oxford's a s**t hole I wanna go home' (for the record, it makes me cringe when we sing it) or references to a 3 sided ground or 'your support is f-----g s**t' or skinny teens calling out opposition fans from a safe 25 yards away.

They made a seriously good noise and more than contributed to a good atmosphere.
True I was very impressed with way they just kept it going throughout the match. Very very good support with some good material

Back
Top Bottom