Fan's View fan's View 22/23 - No.8 - Palace at home

Well done Paul. I think most of us saw the Mous incident. Looks even worse on the replay, first elbow missed so a second was swung which connected. I've also watched the penalty conceded several times and still think it was tenuous, at best.
As for the foul and card count, you said it, "favour the big boys" Having watched Tranmere v Newcastle this evening, officiated by a league ref, it was a different story.

Ah well, back to the league and off to Cheltenham we go. Apparently they love us so much they are offering tickets in their hospitality suite at a discount! We're sticking to a pie in the social club and a seat in the stands.

Agree with the OP on Brown and Seddon but not sure how that fits with our formation and giving Findlay games etc...but not a disgrace or a cricket score.

Pretty much how it sounded on ifollow............... including the "storm" of seats folding up after the pen.

Lets hope some of the youngsters/fringe players done enough to merit inclusion on a more regular basis.

Perhaps 'hardcore' rather than 'genuine' fans Paul?

One of the noticeable things about Bate was that he worked hard to stop Will Hughes controlling the middle of the pitch and when he left, Hughes has noticeably more impact as the game broke up.

Also, it was typical set of Robinson substitutions that meant we lost our shape.

Great report Paul.
Like you I thought it far better than I expected and I was pleasantly surprised.
The young players look so much better than they did a year ago.
I didn't see the Mous incident, but also couldn't believe it when a Palace player tugged an Oxford players short right in front of us and the linesman. He definitely saw it. No free kick?

Perhaps 'hardcore' rather than 'genuine' fans Paul?

One of the noticeable things about Bate was that he worked hard to stop Will Hughes controlling the middle of the pitch and when he left, Hughes has noticeably more impact as the game broke up.

Also, it was typical set of Robinson substitutions that meant we lost our shape.
Perhaps 'hardcore' rather than 'genuine' fans Paul? - You are probably right. I just get a bit incensed about these things from time to time even though I know I shouldn't.

There were definitely some 'different' fans there - a group of young guys came in late and sat next to us, with that shifty look lads together can have. I had them down as Palace fans but they showed little emotion either way, and had a nice long half time break. I guess we'll have to get used to a lot more of this when/if we move to the new ground. Really they were fine, it's just that I didn't recognize them!

There were definitely some 'different' fans there - a group of young guys came in late and sat next to us, with that shifty look lads together can have. I had them down as Palace fans but they showed little emotion either way, and had a nice long half time break. I guess we'll have to get used to a lot more of this when/if we move to the new ground. Really they were fine, it's just that I didn't recognize them!

1661433892435.png

Back
Top Bottom