Sport Cricket: Winter 2020/2021

That looked not out. I'm not sure why Root and Stokes feel so aggrieved there.

Unless they felt that the third umpire didn't take a proper look at it which wouldn't be the first time.

Significantly Stokes isn't complaining.

Defo not out, Root chatting in the umpires ear won’t do any good, in fact he gave it out on the field, (Soft Signal) but went to the third umpire to make sure. Then got the right decision, that’s what it’s all about!

10 overs in and no wickets with Broad and Anderson bowling 5 each.
There was always the outside chance that England would also skittle them out as well, however unlikely.
Still Archer and Leach to come

34-2 now. Leach has Pujara lbw.

Now to shut the Indian fans and their preening captain up. C’mon England. Get Kohli out.

One brings Two.. England beginning to put up a fight.

Good little spell good bowling from Archer and Leach to take those wickets.

Rohit has had a tremendous series so far. Another 50.
Interesting that Michael Vaughan is suggesting that on this pitch England's selection will be looked back at in years to come. Leach just can't get through all of the work on his own. It raised a lot of eyebrows at the time and looks to have been a very bad decision.

It’s been a bad day to be honest, Crawley looked sublime with some of the shots he played, the footwork and timing was exceptional, just a shame he was the only shining light in the batting line up.

I think I would of chose Burns to open, rather than Sibley. Yes it’s easy to say that when he’s got out for a duck, but a left handed batsman opening with a right hander is more work for the fielders and bowler, the captain has to keep changing the field, and bowlers having to adjust and bowl different lines and lengths. Especially when bowling to a plan, it’s not ideal for the opposing captain.

What’s done is done, and can’t correct it now.

Leach has bowled well, and can actually block up an end with control. It needs to be backed up at the other end. We need to control both ends, and then force the batsmen in to a mistake, and play a loose shot, just because they feel they need to, because the scoreboard isn’t ticking over.

I’d start tomorrow with Anderson and Leach, and rotate from Anderson’s end. Root will need to bowl, and give Leach a break, but we will needs to take wickets early on, otherwise this match would of passed us by.

And another for Leach 115 -5 ....sharma gone ...cmon England

Glad Root has faith in himself as a bowler. He’s a very good spin bowler who should bowl more.

If !!!! We can skittle the Indians. We have a chance!

Glad Root has faith in himself as a bowler. He’s a very good spin bowler who should bowl more.

If !!!! We can skittle the Indians. We have a chance!

Being hoist with their own petard here! I'd love it, just love it, if we could win this! ;)

Back
Top Bottom