General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that without the pandemic things would have moved a lot quicker. I also suspect that without the pandemic a move away from Grenoble Road would have been extremely difficult. The funding shortfalls facing local authorities are acute and are unlikely to get better anytime soon. Local councils are going to be far more receptive to groups that can bring substantial investment into an area than they would have previously, especially if that means freeing up a large amount of land for affordable housing at the same time. We build a new stadium with the caveat of improving the local infrastructure wherever that is and FK gets to build a load of ‘cheap’ houses over the Kassam. Double win for the LA.

North Oxford Travel Corridor is "in planning" wonder if its linked........................... roundabouts and junctions to nowhere in particular..... yet........ and we would remain "in the City" as it expands a bit..... who knows eh?

North Oxford Travel Corridor is "in planning" wonder if its linked........................... roundabouts and junctions to nowhere in particular..... yet........ and we would remain "in the City" as it expands a bit..... who knows eh?
I thought that you were convinced that we would stay at the Kassam?

You missed all the posts about the local plans put in place by local authorities then? There is an existing requirement for community sports facilities. OUFC is already running the Oxford Sports Park (home to the training ground) at the behest of Oxford City. The various county authorities will be delighted if a very rich benefactor comes along and builds them a brand new sports arena with all the bells and whistles. OUFC then run that facility for the benefit of all.
If there isn’t a chip shop I’m not interested.

No, I won't be. Never going to happen.
I don't get everything right (still hopeful for your blue running top @SteMerritt ) but on this matter I can give you an absolute assurance that it is going to happen.

When? That I don't know. The takeover has been delayed longer than I expected and I'm not sure of the reasons why. Global politics are as likely as local ones, but the takeover WILL happen and the new stadium WILL be very much part of their plans.

I don't get everything right (still hopeful for your blue running top @SteMerritt ) but on this matter I can give you an absolute assurance that it is going to happen.

When? That I don't know. The takeover has been delayed longer than I expected and I'm not sure of the reasons why. Global politics are as likely as local ones, but the takeover WILL happen and the new stadium WILL be very much part of their plans.
Blimey that’s a bold statement. I hope you’ll be proved right. Do you do transfer news as well?

I thought that you were convinced that we would stay at the Kassam?

Well we are for the next *insert random number here* years at least.

If "they" are reliant on other infrastructure projects before they even put in for planning, and the challenges that often involves, then the timeframe could be longer than many think, certainly beyond the end of the current lease.

I don`t pretend to know anything but offering FK a pile of wedge and redeveloping the current footprint might not be off the table as the pieces get moved around the chess board...............

Well we are for the next *insert random number here* years at least.

If "they" are reliant on other infrastructure projects before they even put in for planning, and the challenges that often involves, then the timeframe could be longer than many think, certainly beyond the end of the current lease.

I don`t pretend to know anything but offering FK a pile of wedge and redeveloping the current footprint might not be off the table as the pieces get moved around the chess board...............
OH HERE WE GO AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom