General Derby takeover

Seems Mike Ashley is going to take over Derby.

They’ll be massive mugs, if so.

eed05f5512bf18eef51dce2d06e8f3da.jpg

Probably one of the easiest ones to get over the line
Have you the cash ?
Have you experience of owning a club ?
Can you put a business plan together ?

[don’t know if those are the questions the EFL ask ]

Ask Newcastle and the way he ran their club

He ran them not to lose money or minimise loss at the least which isn't wrong in principle. Maybe not what the fans wanted but some of them wanted him to spend ridiculous sums of money.

He is a nob, and one that pays minimum wages and zero hour contracts to his employees at Sports Direct. But he's not done anything (to my knowledge) that would exclude him from owning another football club. And as Derby are in the s**t, this will be prioritised for conclusion.
Can imagine the non screwing Derby and then it will be a case once bitten twice shy

He ran them not to lose money or minimise loss at the least which isn't wrong in principle. Maybe not what the fans wanted but some of them wanted him to spend ridiculous sums of money.
That’s the same with every club

I don’t remember Ashley selling off the ground or training ground ..

Though I think If he’s the same guy involved with Debenhams etc he virtually tore up rental agreements and demanded better terms [may not be true]

That’s the same with every club

No it isn't, plenty of clubs but not every club or the demands of the vocal Newcastle fans, ie. I don't remember Rochdale demanding big spending (relative amounts) or Norwich, Burnley fans etc.

Though I think If he’s the same guy involved with Debenhams etc he virtually tore up rental agreements and demanded better terms [may not be true]

From memory it is true about Debenhams.

Liam Rosenior to stand down as first team coach and Paul Warne favourite to join them.

Warne is a manager I would have certainly liked here.

Correct. He took over Debenhams when it was going down the pan. Threatened all the landlords unless they agreed to his reduced rent demands. They mostly refused and he put the chain into liquidation. I know a couple of people who have worked for him. Best avoided, by the sounds of it. I understand he does have some interest in football, which (I suppose) puts him just about one notch about Kassam.

Back
Top Bottom