Cardboard Fans

I’d like to appeal to all the players, WHEN we score can you please celebrate in front of the cardboard fans just as though we were really there, because we would if we could Be there in our tens of thousands. Knee slides compulsory.

I've asked the club, through Chris Williams, if maybe a photographer could get a panoramic picture of the cut outs at Wembley as a souvenir of the day. Don't know if it's possible but would go some way to making up for not being there in person.

I’d like to appeal to all the players, WHEN we score can you please celebrate in front of the cardboard fans just as though we were really there, because we would if we could Be there in our tens of thousands. Knee slides compulsory.
You just want to see yourself on telly.. ?

Yeah would make it better value for money too

I've asked the club, through Chris Williams, if maybe a photographer could get a panoramic picture of the cut outs at Wembley as a souvenir of the day. Don't know if it's possible but would go some way to making up for not being there in person.

yes we could play 'Wheres Wally'

Did anyone else notice that some of the cardboard fans were duplicated? There were at least two identical David Beckhams

Response from Chris is positive, "was always the plan" but, Wembley and CV-19 precautions have limited the movement of photographers and it won't be easy to get anything like the shot they wanted.

The club have announced that collection will be next week:

Monday 3rd August, 5pm – 7
Wednesday 5th August, 12pm – 2
Friday 7th August, 10am – 12pm

Does not give much notice for fans who are on holiday and cannot get anyone else to collect. Also expecting big queues, will they have SD markers out?

If you miss the dates your cutout gets recycled.
https://t.co/qDQb8Se8tA?amp=1

We could always donate the leftovers to Reading to replace the plastic fans in their stadium?

The club have announced that collection will be next week:

Monday 3rd August, 5pm – 7
Wednesday 5th August, 12pm – 2
Friday 7th August, 10am – 12pm

Does not give much notice for fans who are on holiday and cannot get anyone else to collect. Also expecting big queues, will they have SD markers out?

If you miss the dates your cutout gets recycled.
https://t.co/qDQb8Se8tA?amp=1

Not great options for those of us who are working and/or are exiled.

How many cutouts did we have?

would @OxVox know the answer? ... visually there seemed to be more cutout 'fans' at the Wembley play off final than there was for the home leg semi final playoff V Pompey? though camera angles and where the cutout fans were located could be a factor on how they appeared on TV

would @OxVox know the answer? ... visually there seemed to be more cutout 'fans' at the Wembley play off final than there was for the home leg semi final playoff V Pompey? though camera angles and where the cutout fans were located could be a factor on how they appeared on TV
The extra only went because it was Wembley. Part time supporters.

Bit annoyed about this. I was under the impression we would get them at the next game we could attend. Probably would not have purchased if I knew this!

Bit annoyed about this. I was under the impression we would get them at the next game we could attend. Probably would not have purchased if I knew this!
TBF - they were pretty open with the fact there was no guarantee you would get them afterwards, they were hopeful they would reunite people with their cardboard cutouts but never guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom