League Cup Carabao cup 3rd round - West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering West ‘Ams propensity for ballsing things ups in cups, there’s an outside chance we could cause them an upset. Unlikely but not the lost cause that the Man City game was this game last season.

A good little money spinner. Happy with that draw!

I think there are lots of good shouts for
Televised games, but for me Pompey v Southampton will be chosen, and MK Dons v Liverpool will be selected. Just my opinion, but lots to choose from.

It’s a fantastic draw in my opinion, probably the best sort of tie.

Draw City, Liverpool, United etc and it’s great to see the big names but realistically it’s a 3 or 4 nil thumping and maybe a selfie with Aguero, Mane or Pogba if you’re lucky.

West Ham though is definitely winnable at home or in the very least a realistic chance of getting the tie to a spot kick shoot out. Beat them and it’s a high profile win and our name on the back pages. Lose and it’s no big deal as long as we don’t get embarrassed.

It’s a win win tie, a free hit.

Here's the West Ham fan predicted earlier in the thread.

Living in the vicinity I'm really happy with this draw as it gives me the chance to attend. And yeah, you've got a chance. Look at us last year, getting spanked by f*****g Wimbledon. I know a few Oxford fans and you seem to be a good lot like we used to be, still seeing your football team as a family rather than a brand - though for us that has unfortunately changed since we sold the Boleyn and moved to the Hotpoint.

Oh, and Joey (I want my mummy) Beauchamp still has legendary status.

Best of luck, might see you in the pub.

Don't think they've ever been to the Kasstad have they? That, and the proximity, should bring a decent following as a result - even if it's just to tick off a new ground.

Meanwhile should be a good crowd on our side. Decent chance to knock off a proper, albeit second tier, Premiership club.

And whilst they made ten changes from their weekend line-up for their game against Newport on Tuesday - they were still rolling out the likes of Pablo Zabaleta, Aaron Cresswell, Jack Wilshire, Michael Antonio and Robert Snodgrass. So they'll be decent and there will certainly be some recognizable names.

TV possibility?

Good draw, premiership team at home under the lights and should be a good atmosphere.

Hoping Joey gets the nod from Rosie to be the guest of honour!

He would get absolute pelters from the Hammers fans, wouldn’t want to see him go through that tbf. Harry Redknapp wrote in his autobiography that Joey was the worst signing he ever made! As much as we love him we all know he made a mistake going there.

Preston v MUFC nailed on TV game. And maybe Pompey v Saints?

Think you’ll find Preston are playing Man City.
Manure have a local derby against Rochdale so that’ll be the excuse to put them on the box.

Let's do them one, no doubt they will underestimate us like Swansea did.

The draw seems very conveniently all premier league teams v lower league teams. Or is it supposed to be that way?

Let's do them one, no doubt they will underestimate us like Swansea did.

The draw seems very conveniently all premier league teams v lower league teams. Or is it supposed to be that way?

Doubt it, Newcastle played Leicester last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom