League Cup Carabao cup 3rd round - West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's do them one, no doubt they will underestimate us like Swansea did.

The draw seems very conveniently all premier league teams v lower league teams. Or is it supposed to be that way?
It works both ways in its 'convenience' because big teams want small teams so they are likely to progress and small teams want big teams for the paycheck and good night out. I don't think many teams would argue with the format if it were the case.

Don't think they've ever been to the Kasstad have they? That, and the proximity, should bring a decent following as a result - even if it's just to tick off a new ground.

Meanwhile should be a good crowd on our side. Decent chance to knock off a proper, albeit second tier, Premiership club.

And whilst they made ten changes from their weekend line-up for their game against Newport on Tuesday - they were still rolling out the likes of Pablo Zabaleta, Aaron Cresswell, Jack Wilshire, Michael Antonio and Robert Snodgrass. So they'll be decent and there will certainly be some recognizable names.

Michail Antonio tore a hamstring at Newport.

League Cup 24th August 2010 - Hammers 1-0 Oxford (Scott Parker 90+3)

U’s : R.Clarke; B.Purkiss, H.Worley, J.Wright, A. Tonkin; S.Heslop, D.Bulman, A.Hall; M.Cole, J.Constable, A.Potter
Subs: S.Clist. M.Green, R.Baker.
Simon Eastwood also on the bench with Mark Creighton, Jack Midson and Sam Deering.

Att: 20,902

EDFhW0MXYAE0GeM

I bet the old bill aren’t nor the market traders of Green street

As the game (if Millwall had won) would have been the other side of the river,what would the Market traders of Green street have had to worry about ?

Also, you do realise that West Ham don't play at the Boleyn ground anymore ?

Decent draw, a full house, decent atmosphere, extra revenue. What’s not to like?

KR might feel he needs to field a stronger side than he might have done against a lower league opposition.

As the game (if Millwall had won) would have been the other side of the river,what would the Market traders of Green street have had to worry about ?

Also, you do realise that West Ham don't play at the Boleyn ground anymore ?
Yes

League Cup 24th August 2010 - Hammers 1-0 Oxford (Scott Parker 90+3)

U’s : R.Clarke; B.Purkiss, H.Worley, J.Wright, A. Tonkin; S.Heslop, D.Bulman, A.Hall; M.Cole, J.Constable, A.Potter
Subs: S.Clist. M.Green, R.Baker.
Simon Eastwood also on the bench with Mark Creighton, Jack Midson and Sam Deering.

Att: 20,902

EDFhW0MXYAE0GeM

RIP M.Cole

got a great chance of progressing we've done it before and don't see why we cant beat west ham with our home crowd behind us, Newcastle/Swansea beaten both in recent years at home and gave boro a good game away few years back up the yellows.

I bet the Wall are even more peeved off that we face the Ammers.
The Met will be pleased too.

Must be worth playing the first team for this one, or what's the point?
I'm sure the team will be picked based on the fitness of certain players at that time, just as was the case for the Millwall game, and we didn't do too badly there did we?

Against Millwall, Robbo wasn't trying to be clever or cocky when he picked that squad, but we had players carrying knocks, and players returning from injury, new signings short of match fitness, key squad players that simply needed game time and players that simply needed a rest having played every minute of the previous 4-5 games, so Robbo picked his squad wisely, and I'm sure the situation will be very similar when we play West Ham, just involving different players, based on their condition at that time.

But even if players do need resting, or game time, for whatever reason, whatever team Robbo chooses, it will be one that he thinks is capable of getting the win, otherwise yes, what's the point?

Looking forward to this one, should be a cracker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom