Callum O'Dowda - Leeds interest

Wow Bazzer, how you've changed your tune!. This is the same Eales that you (and many others to be fair) were gushing over not that long ago for buying you pints and hotdogs at away matches?
ITK - Eales will pocket 100% of all sell-on for Kemar and Callum (both valued at £10m a piece). Twas part of the sale to Tiger. The only way he won't benefit from the sale is in the event of Kemar or Callum literally running down their respective contracts (moving on frees).....now wouldn't that be ironic

I
Wow Bazzer, how you've changed your tune!. This is the same Eales that you (and many others to be fair) were gushing over not that long ago for buying you pints and hotdogs at away matches?
ITK - Eales will pocket 100% of all sell-on for Kemar and Callum (both valued at £10m a piece). Twas part of the sale to Tiger. The only way he won't benefit from the sale is in the event of Kemar or Callum literally running down their respective contracts (moving on frees).....now wouldn't that be ironic
We’re all entitled to Change our tune as you put it. Yes it would be great if they run they’re contracts down but O’Dowda has just had an extension activated. Yes I thought Eales after our first season with him was the bee’s knee’s but his dealings over the sale of OUFC have been very ante Oxford and in it for himself basically he is now a prize dick. And I think after his first season at this club most if not all fans thought he was a bit of a messiah I never gushed at him but did think we were going places. He couldn’t keep his zip shut and I believe that is why he moved on and sold up, I also believe SD and JS were being very professional over their dealing with Eales over the purchase of the club but found issues which may have changed the price and that’s why Eales pulled out at the 11th hour but was able to make a sale with Tiger but with Eales benefiting more than what Tiger would, and he Eales thought we’re probably not worth worrying about and took everything he possibly could.
Please do not make out I was gushing.

Last edited:
In actual fact that's not true.

There's no sell on for Roofe, and the charge against the club is 4.2m, a fixed sum in the arrangement by which Tiger is using the club's money to buy his shares.

Oh I stand corrected on Kemar and forgot the alleged payments made by Massimo to DE !!!. Care to comment on that one PC?

ODowda looked pretty good for Bristol City v Wolves at the weekend.
Leeds also nearly managed to get the Swansea winger who scored a cracker at the weekend.
They seem.to like wingers. I wonder if they will come after Whyte again?

In actual fact that's not true.

There's no sell on for Roofe, and the charge against the club is 4.2m, a fixed sum in the arrangement by which Tiger is using the club's money to buy his shares.

Roofe I’ve no idea.
The 4.2 was presumably known instalments on player sales. So either the price goes up 4.2 and you keep 4.2 when it’s paid, or Eales gets the 4.2 .

And Eales / Ensco haven’t sold their shares. The club issued more shares taking Ensco’s share to under 10%. So the way Eales makes his cash back is repaying the loans he put into the club , and on top of that the WPL ported loan.

Now if tiger has or had the funds to run the club without transfer instalments that’s all well and good but clearly he’s struggling.

Word from City insiders is that COD is refusing to sign a new contract, he's got an automatic extension into next season but his refusal means City will look to offload him this summer, which means we also have a % to come to us and then out to Mr Eales no doubt.....

He will only pocket 100% if the value of the named sell ons (Lundstram, O'Dowda, Roofe, Johnson) are less than the money he is owed. So as an example if both go for £10m and we have 25% sellons on both, that makes £5m - though it will be pro-rata with the likely split payments the transfer fee is paid by over several years. The amount owed to DE was £4275708 (equates to the debt he inherited from WPL) - so once that is paid the balance of the £5m goes to the club.

• React
Reactions: Ian
He will only pocket 100% if the value of the named sell ons (Lundstram, O'Dowda, Roofe, Johnson) are less than the money he is owed. So as an example if both go for £10m and we have 25% sellons on both, that makes £5m - though it will be pro-rata with the likely split payments the transfer fee is paid by over several years. The amount owed to DE was £4275708 (equates to the debt he inherited from WPL) - so once that is paid the balance of the £5m goes to the club.
Fairly sure that most of the £4,275,708 represents unpaid instalments on those player sales, rather than sell-ons. But some of it could be sell-ons. Once the £4,275,708 has gone into the segregated account, anything else goes into a club account.

(This doesn't mean that the club won't then use sell-ons to pay off any more debt due to Ensco - the balance of the ported debt. Remember Ensco didn't actually sell any shares in the Tiger takeover, the club issued more shares taking Ensco's holding to under 10%. So the only way Ensco makes a "profit" is by some of the ported debt being repaid.)

Last edited:
Fairly sure that most of the £4,275,708 represents unpaid instalments on those player sales, rather than sell-ons. But some of it could be sell-ons. Once the £4,275,708 has gone into the segregated account, anything else goes into a club account.

(This doesn't mean that the club won't then use sell-ons to pay off any more debt due to Ensco - the ported debt.)
Yes. Was just using the sell ones as an example as it was mentioned.

Word from City insiders is that COD is refusing to sign a new contract, he's got an automatic extension into next season but his refusal means City will look to offload him this summer, which means we also have a % to come to us and then out to Mr Eales no doubt.....
Why should it go to Eales? O’Dowda was here long before Eales. Unless he incorporated that into his deal when selling to Tiger, if so I would have to say Tiger is a bit thick or his advisers are.

Why should it go to Eales? O’Dowda was here long before Eales. Unless he incorporated that into his deal when selling to Tiger, if so I would have to say Tiger is a bit thick or his advisers are.
Come on Bazzer, on that logic no new owner should have to take on any outstanding debt that accrued before their tenure. An owner buys the club including agreement on the assets and liabilities present at that time.

O’Dowda was here during Eales’ tenure, on your logic Tiger as current owner should have even less claim on any sell-on amount realised.

Come on Bazzer, on that logic no new owner should have to take on any outstanding debt that accrued before their tenure. An owner buys the club including agreement on the assets and liabilities present at that time.

O’Dowda was here during Eales’ tenure, on your logic Tiger as current owner should have even less claim on any sell-on amount realised.
He was also here during Firoz’s reign

He was also here during Firoz’s reign

So? Firoz doesn't own the club so that's irrelevant. When he sold the club to the sockless wonder, this would have included an agreement on assets and liabilities and O'Dowda would have been in the 'assets' list, one of the very few assets!

So? Firoz doesn't own the club so that's irrelevant. When he sold the club to the sockless wonder, this would have included an agreement on assets and liabilities and O'Dowda would have been in the 'assets' list, one of the very few assets!
Finally someone is picking up that players are assets with a possible transfer value, and not just a cost of paying them. When Kassam sold the club, there was a potential sell-on with Dean Whitehead that the club wouldn't benefit from for some five years.

Other than that, I don't think we had a significant player sale or player worth selling for at least ten years. Would Lenagan have valued O'Dowda as an asset? Possibly, but I think he was more concerned with not losing any more money funding the club each year.

It was only under Eales's ownership that O'Dowda, Roofe, Ledson and Johnson were sold or in the process of being sold, with big money fees, deferred transfer instalments due, and potential sell-ons. Also potential futures sales on Nelson (though that's not happening).

Finally someone is picking up that players are assets with a possible transfer value, and not just a cost of paying them. When Kassam sold the club, there was a potential sell-on with Dean Whitehead that the club wouldn't benefit from for some five years.

Other than that, I don't think we had a significant player sale or player worth selling for at least ten years. Would Lenagan have valued O'Dowda as an asset? Possibly, but I think he was more concerned with not losing any more money funding the club each year.

It was only under Eales's ownership that O'Dowda, Roofe, Ledson and Johnson were sold or in the process of being sold, with big money fees, deferred transfer instalments due, and potential sell-ons. Also potential futures sales on Nelson (though that's not happening).

But did the club benefit? Do we know for definite.

Back
Top Bottom