Callum O'Dowda

But the terms of the loan notes are that all payments in respect of the transfer of the registration of players get paid into the charged bank account until the secured debt is paid off. If you read my post #30 above, I don't think we will have yet received enough cash from transfer fees to pay off the debt, so a sell-on (if there is one at all) does go into the account controlled by Ensco.

To put it in simple terms, if you bought a car from your mate for £4000 and agreed to pay £2000 up front and £500 a month for the next two months on pay day, you would still owe £1,000.

I get that and I overly simplified the example. The point I was making is that we won't suddenly owe any more to DE than originally agreed, and that the debt will exist regardless of players being sold on. I think the belief is that anyone at the club prior to April 2018 is the sole property of DE and any transfer fees will come his way.

There is also "other creditors" due to Ensco in relation to the ported WPL debt - shown as due within one year in the OUFC accounts. But the Ensco 2018 accounts only show total debtors of 4,186,521.

Also I don't know football contracts, but I'd have thought if BCFC sell O'Dowda and we have a sell-on, it would be due at once as BCFC would have at least some of the cash from the sale. Why should we get paid later just because BCFC get paid in instalments?

Here’s what the Shrews CEO said re: the sell on clause when Conor Goldson was sold by Brighton to Rangers :

If only it was 30%, rather than the 10% now reported.

I get that and I overly simplified the example. The point I was making is that we won't suddenly owe any more to DE than originally agreed, and that the debt will exist regardless of players being sold on. I think the belief is that anyone at the club prior to April 2018 is the sole property of DE and any transfer fees will come his way.
only to the value of the debt, no more.

Ox Mail could be wrong regarding the 10% which does seem low. Guess we wait and see...

Whatever the scores on the doors are, Daryl is a wily customer.

I wonder if sunderland fans are saying that about our friends in the North ? Or perhaps not given the latest takeover seems to have collapsed.

Back
Top Bottom