Callum O'Dowda - Leeds interest

After reading through this thread, the one thing that strikes me is how do people think any players transfer is going to help the club.
Any money made could be going in a varied array of directions but would we as fans see any benefit now?
The money might help individuals bank balances but would the club benefit?

After reading through this thread, the one thing that strikes me is how do people think any players transfer is going to help the club.
Any money made could be going in a varied array of directions but would we as fans see any benefit now?
I would suspect that £millions coming into the club would probably help the transfer kitty?

I would suspect that £millions coming into the club would probably help the transfer kitty?
Do you not mean, hope.
If DE hasn't snaffled it, it doesn't gets allocated to paying bills and debts, it will always be the club owners money not the clubs.

Presumably, the more money that comes in through installments, sell-ons and new transfers...
....the quicker that money due to DE is paid up in full....
...then the quicker that money starts to come back in to the club itself....
....for it to do with what it wants (which in theory includes buying players, (and paying bills)

now that we've gone past September 2018...
what goes into the account.
all payments due to OUFC under any agreement .. in respect of the transfer of the registration of any football player.

Ensco as Trustee takes money out of the account on the payment due dates. If there is more than £1,284,074 at any time after 30 September 2018, then that excess gets paid to the club.
So what repayment dates remain?

COD was younger and had international recognition, plus Bristol City would clearly be a stepping stone club for him, so smaller fee and 30% sell on seems sensible to me.

Roofe was older, had not made it with higher division clubs previously, would likely never get international recognition and was moving to a club in Leeds that would more likely keep him then sell him to a bigger club. it looks like Leeds will go up this year so that 500k looks very nice thanks
Plus Leeds really stuck with Roofe when he had an unspectacular 1st season..they have been rewarded for their patience.

There is the question of whether that 4.2 covered all of the money owed to Ensco, and whether Tiger has agreed to pay more back than that (from whatever source, be it player sales or money he finds elsewhere). So yes only the first 4.2 was covered by the legal charge, but the amount owed to Ensco in the club's accounts was quite a bit more in the last accounts. There was also a mismatch between what the club owes Ensco, and what Ensco valued their investment at after writing off £2million.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

Has had his contract extended by a year along with Matty Taylor

So what repayment dates remain?
I don't know. The loan notes are called "2019 loan notes", so presumably some date this year when Tiger / the club has to repay the final instalment of £1,284,074. If it is covered (as is I think is expected by transfer instalments coming in) then all well and good.

Do you not mean, hope.
If DE hasn't snaffled it, it doesn't gets allocated to paying bills and debts, it will always be the club owners money not the clubs.
It shouldn’t have anything to do with DE O’Dowda was with the club long before DE came along

Holy moly, so Eale's knowingly sold the club to someone who didn't even have enough to buy it in the first place!? So instead, the money made from our most valuable assets is going to him instead of us to no doubt be used to improve another bloody football club!? Unbelievable.
Yes he sold the club to him in the best interests for OUFC............Oh hang on minute!!

I take bigger issue with the current owner using future transfer incomings to pay for the purchase of the club than I do the former one receiving the money from transfers he negotiated.

I understand payment plans, but unless I have read that firmly wrong, then Tiger has essentially saved himself a few quid by using potential transfer incoming money.

Please do correct me if I’ve got that wrong!

I take bigger issue with the current owner using future transfer incomings to pay for the purchase of the club than I do the former one receiving the money from transfers he negotiated.

I understand payment plans, but unless I have read that firmly wrong, then Tiger has essentially saved himself a few quid by using potential transfer incoming money.

Please do correct me if I’ve got that wrong!
It’s not that he has saved himself a few quid - he “owns” the club which means he “owns” the assets (players) so it is his right to reap the financial rewards of their sale (if or when they are sold). It’s essentially gambling on his part that an OUFC player or players will gain value and be sold on at significant profit. Which he will “bank” and from which he will pay off the outstanding debt to DE from taking over the club. The concern is the crap Tiger comes up with about (new) money for transfers etc. That’s as sound as my wife’s plan to buy a new car based on her purchase of a lottery ticket on which she hopes to win big. She may get lucky but it’s a risk!

This is worse than I’d expect from the bag carriers.

I’ll sell you a 10k car with a million pounds in the boot for £1,010,000.

Do you
A- pay £1,010,000 and keep the million from the boot
B- pay £10,000 for the car and let me keep the money from the boot ?

This is worse than I’d expect from the bag carriers.

I’ll sell you a 10k car with a million pounds in the boot for £1,010,000.

Do you
A- pay £1,010,000 and keep the million from the boot
B- pay £10,000 for the car and let me keep the money from the boot ?

Some people just don't get it do they Mark?

This must have been explained 100 times and yet still people put their own version of what they think it is on here, and then spend the next week complaining about it. It really isn't complicated at all and your analogy is a spot on explanation.

Do you not mean, hope.
DE can't snaffle the COD money as has been explained by Colin.
So presumably the more money coming in the more likely some will be spent on players?

DE can't snaffle the COD money as has been explained by Colin.
So presumably the more money coming in the more likely some will be spent on players?
I must of missed that, I did put any players transfer money coming into the club on my original post.
We will have to differ on our opinions of where any transfer money would end up, at this level you don't need millions for a transfer kitty as a fee is rarely paid at this level so it's shouldn't be holding us back getting players in, but we can't pay the bills which are holding us back on a day to day basis.

Back
Top Bottom