Callum O'Dowda - Leeds interest

Bit of a knob? why?
COD's side of this was never given but from an ITK source, the deal with Bristol was all agreed without drama. At the last minute Eales tried mugging him off by insisting that contractual payments due to him would only be agreed if he put in a transfer request. Callum refused and it all got very messy and litigious. Eales soon realised he didn't have a leg to stand on and the rest is history. Moral of that story is don't **ck about with employees contracts, particularly those that have been loyal to you for 13 years!!
BTW, you will see where the 25% of future sale goes to and, trust me, you wont like it
Never like it when people choose to slag off players that come through our system but then move on to further their careers, but the abuse that COD has been given has always been totally unjustified, not least because of the actual story from behind the scenes set out above....
We should be proud of his acheivements as a) 'one of our own' and b) as a trailblazer for our modern youth system who can be used to attract other talented youngsters to come our way rather than elsewhere...
... but no, we decide to label him 'a bit of a knob' - <shakes head dejectedly>

Never like it when people choose to slag off players that come through our system but then move on to further their careers, but the abuse that COD has been given has always been totally unjustified, not least because of the actual story from behind the scenes set out above....
We should be proud of his acheivements as a) 'one of our own' and b) as a trailblazer for our modern youth system who can be used to attract other talented youngsters to come our way rather than elsewhere...
... but no, we decide to label him 'a bit of a knob' - <shakes head dejectedly>

was more referring to the way he left compared with roofe but did say wish he could of stayed for one more season and good luck to him

and where exactly will 25% of any sale on COD go to? looking forward to an explanation of how it might end up at Solihull Moors.
In Eales back bin as part of the agreed, deferred purchase cost? Genuine question, rather than assertion!

In Eales back bin as part of the agreed, deferred purchase cost? Genuine question, rather than assertion!

Correct. Same with Roofe, that's why there is no sell on clause. So the resulting cash from the sale of our players is no doubt being used to benefit another football team. Incredible.

Or maybe straight to Uncle Firoz to pay off the outstanding service charge settlement?[emoji848]

Any sort of sell on is not guaranteed so there's slim chance it will go to DE. If it does, it will just mean that guaranteed incoming payments earmarked for DE will instead go to us. DE is owed X amount of money, its not variable.

Any sort of sell on is not guaranteed so there's slim chance it will go to DE. If it does, it will just mean that guaranteed incoming payments earmarked for DE will instead go to us. DE is owed X amount of money, its not variable.

Understood. However, COD was an employee of Oxford United Football Club. How can DE still be receiving money for players when he is no longer affiliated with the club? Doesn't sound right to me. Those players were assets of the club, not DE's.

Understood. However, COD was an employee of Oxford United Football Club. How can DE still be receiving money for players when he is no longer affiliated with the club? Doesn't sound right to me. Those players were assets of the club, not DE's.

Im not good on the finances and Im sure MarkG will correct me, however my understanding:

Tiger didn't have all funds to purchase the club...as such there was/is an outstanding amount...to cover this it *appeared* future player sales would go towards that amount (up to a certain amount).

Sure I have it wrong somewhere!

EDIT: our learned friend PC has beaten me...outstanding amount of 4.2m that will be cleared via player sales...once cleared DE is paid

Im not good on the finances and Im sure MarkG will correct me, however my understanding:

Tiger didn't have all funds to purchase the club...as such there was/is an outstanding amount...to cover this it *appeared* future player sales would go towards that amount (up to a certain amount).

Sure I have it wrong somewhere!

Holy moly, so Eale's knowingly sold the club to someone who didn't even have enough to buy it in the first place!? So instead, the money made from our most valuable assets is going to him instead of us to no doubt be used to improve another bloody football club!? Unbelievable.

Holy moly, so Eale's knowingly sold the club to someone who didn't even have enough to buy it in the first place!? So instead, the money made from our most valuable assets is going to him instead of us to no doubt be used to improve another bloody football club!? Unbelievable.
....All in the best interests of the club........... apparently!:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

It's really not like you spin it. The money isn't from future sales, it's the money we're still owed on players sold while DE was owner. DE would have got exactly the same amount of money whether Tiger paid it all at once or secured it against this income. Its just not an issue.

It's really not like you spin it. The money isn't from future sales, it's the money we're still owed on players sold while DE was owner. DE would have got exactly the same amount of money whether Tiger paid it all at once or secured it against this income. Its just not an issue.

Was perfectly prepared to be wrong!

The only way he can get it is if the 4.2m charge hasn't been cleared. If that's the case, then the money's as good as his - it's part of what Tiger paid for the club.
There is the question of whether that 4.2 covered all of the money owed to Ensco, and whether Tiger has agreed to pay more back than that (from whatever source, be it player sales or money he finds elsewhere). So yes only the first 4.2 was covered by the legal charge, but the amount owed to Ensco in the club's accounts was quite a bit more in the last accounts. There was also a mismatch between what the club owes Ensco, and what Ensco valued their investment at after writing off £2million.

What confuses me is the bank account into which these installments get paid. Does other money earned go into the same account and is it only DE who can access this account?

What confuses me is the bank account into which these installments get paid. Does other money earned go into the same account and is it only DE who can access this account?
now that we've gone past September 2018...
what goes into the account.
all payments due to OUFC under any agreement .. in respect of the transfer of the registration of any football player.

Ensco as Trustee takes money out of the account on the payment due dates. If there is more than £1,284,074 at any time after 30 September 2018, then that excess gets paid to the club.

But if Tiger had paid up front, then these payments for players sold previously, would come into the club and help with running costs, transfers, wages. Instead the money has effectively been taken out of the club, hence why we are struggling to pay bills now because Tiger has not put it back in from his own/investors money.

It's swings and roundabouts. If SD had paid Ellis Short upfront, their parachute payments could be used for transfers etc.

The only way he can get it is if the 4.2m charge hasn't been cleared. If that's the case, then the money's as good as his - it's part of what Tiger paid for the club.

And we can have a wild guess to the answer to that...

Back
Top Bottom