Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Expecting a remain supporter to implement brexit has been a huge leap of faith that has not delivered...

My sentiments entirely. May can’t possibly get this through parliament. Pro lobby will argue that we are half in and half out with no influence.
We will still be paying into the EU for years and years.
We will still be locked into trade agreements with the EU and not be able to negotiate with the rest of the world.
The only plus seems to be that will have our fishing rights back, so the French will be very unhappy.
The major hurdle that cannot be overcome, I think, is that although the electorate voted to leave, parliament is dominated by pro EU MPs. Loads of them are calling for a second referendum because of the accusations made against Arron Banks.
Don’t like Theresa May much, but she has performed well in the Commons today

No deal is best deal and should have been used as our starting position. Nobody is happy with the proposed deal.

How many 'might's, 'could's and 'maybe's can one politically biased journalist cram into one meaningless article :ROFLMAO:
Well TBH whatever we do (leave with May's 'deal', leave with no deal, have a second referendum etc) it's ALL might's could's and maybe's as absolutely nobody has any real idea of what will actually happen! Sorry the (probably biased) article didn't fit in with your (probably biased) preconceptions - can you point me to an article that explains what will be the ramifications of a 'no deal' that you think is accurate please?

Well TBH whatever we do (leave with May's 'deal', leave with no deal, have a second referendum etc) it's ALL might's could's and maybe's as absolutely nobody has any real idea of what will actually happen! Sorry the (probably biased) article didn't fit in with your (probably biased) preconceptions - can you point me to an article that explains what will be the ramifications of a 'no deal' that you think is accurate please?

Did you miss TM clearly saying the peoples vote has happened and Parliament have to deliver that result, we leave on 29th March 2019. The negotiation is about the post exit deal NOT if there will be an exit.
If its a choice between vassal state or a cliff edge then take the edge because business will make the parachute. ;)

Rather simplistic thinking, Poo old boy. May was free to vote how she liked in the referendum in our democracy. She was also elected leader of a party who won most seats (if not a majority) in another democratic election. To suggest that she was incapable of doing an objective job is rather facile.
You think I'm a berk?

Am I the only one who that for a while has believed we will end up staying in the EU?

Mays "deal" only strengthens my belief. She has managed to "negotiate" a deal that will appeal to just about no one so it wont go through parliament.

May resigns or calls another election, next PM decides its all too difficult to get a deal and we have another vote. The political elite get their way by f*****g up the whole leave process and its as you were.

This Tory Government and the previous one certainly don’t come out of this chaotic situation in a good light.
Firstly Cameron’s decision to call a referendum was for party political reasons, the rise of UKIP was eating into the Tory vote.
The arrogance of Cameron and Osborne in believing that they couldn’t lose the referendum and deliberately not putting in any plans for the possibility of a vote to leave the EU. A dereliction of duty in my view.
The Tory party then proceeded to select a remain PM who the went on to appoint Hammond as Chancellor, so therefore the two most powerful people in Government are remainers.
May called a General Election which reduced her majority and weakened her position. She then appoints the most unsuitable person to be Foreign Secretary. She and her inner circle totally undermined David Davis leaving him no option but to resign.

The Tracey Crouch resignation was another embarrassing shambles (not EU related I must admit)

I have some sympathy for Mrs May, she’s had a tough gig, but a fair bit of it self inflicted.

Rant over.:)

Am I the only one who that for a while has believed we will end up staying in the EU?

Mays "deal" only strengthens my belief. She has managed to "negotiate" a deal that will appeal to just about no one so it wont go through parliament.

May resigns or calls another election, next PM decides its all too difficult to get a deal and we have another vote. The political elite get their way by f*****g up the whole leave process and its as you were.

The EU is the Hotel California.....
“You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave”

The arrogance of Cameron and Osborne in believing that they couldn’t lose the referendum and deliberately not putting in any plans for the possibility of a vote to leave the EU. A dereliction of duty in my view.

Yes. Look no further than these two chumps to blame for this shambles. They were so arrogantly sure the vote would be remain that they gave no thought to the alternative. They both promptly chucked the towel in the next day because they were remainers and didn't like the result. Gutless!
Low and behold the Tories then go and choose another remainer to do the dirty work and here we are in a bloody mess!!

While Tony Blair, John Major, David Cameron, George Osborne, Donald Tusk, and Jean-Claude Junker put our a joint statement declaring that it’s been a great day for democracy.;)

Have to question May's judgement in two circumstances now. First, calling the last election which resulted in her having to rely on the DUP to get bills through and second, her decision to invoke Article 50 too soon, giving us just two years to unwind a very complicated EU relationship. No doubt she did the latter to show her determination to implement the leave vote, but another 12 months planning to leave might have avoided the current shambles. (Proper Preparation Prevents P**s Poor Performance).

Three. Standing for leader in the first place.

Did you miss TM clearly saying the peoples vote has happened and Parliament have to deliver that result, we leave on 29th March 2019. The negotiation is about the post exit deal NOT if there will be an exit.
If its a choice between vassal state or a cliff edge then take the edge because business will make the parachute. ;)
That is the bit of my post you chose to reply to? May can say what she likes - she isn't in control of Parliament, her NI political allies or even a significant number of her own party. As to business and your 'vassal state' point, I have heard precisely no business man on any news outlet saying that they are desperate for a 'no deal' - they all want some sort of customs and regulatory deal that means they can keep trading without everything stopping dead in March next year until something is cobbled together. And the something that gets cobbled together will look very like a customs and regulatory deal - both we and the EU need that. I am amazed if you think otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom