Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters

I wonder if he will have the balls to take up the offer?

She & ChangeUK certainly need the publicity a TV debate would bring far more than Farage does. They didn’t put up a single candidate for the local elections and have failed to put anyone up for the Peterborough By-election.

Change U.K. are not well funded though. I’m not so sure Nigel Farage wants to debate with them. The sight of Anna Soubry scowling at him would put him off his dinner

The local associations can't change the rules although they can make their opinion known. 1922 Committee can change the rules though but they don't seem keen to, up to the last that I saw.

The coverage on the local elections night and the following day was laughable in trying to link it for or against Brexit. The BBC keeping quoting the interview with the Labour Sunderland Council leader as a reason for Labour to change its policy to supporting no deal was hilarious especially when even a Brexiteer pointed out the flaws of that analysis.
Apparently they can rewrite the rules at a meeting (AGM? EGM?) they have in June if enough associations vote for it. - think 80% They want to add an in extremis clause into the rules to remove the situation they have now with a leader who just won't go. Even the PMs PM is reportedly telling her to go.

Labour's position continued confused position and the Maybot's anything to cement her legacy, plus the BBCs multiple platforms, and other such newspapers, media and social media platforms was a pretty clear this is an answer on Remain. We even talked about it here.

I expect he will, but just like on the Andrew Marr Show at the weekend, he will bleat on about how beastly the world is to him and his party, and how 'the people' support him. And if it's on the BBC he will bang on about their inherent bias and support for Remain.

Farage is certainly clever. Says just what has supporters want to hear, re-emphasising the lazy soundbites that we're now so familiar with. Far easier for many than actually thinking for themselves.
It worked well for Jeremy Corbyn didn't it? He got his name sung at Glasto for his soundbites ;)

clapback-cheering-diss-celebration.gif

Now today Keir Starmer says that whatever is and if its agreed a plan for a deal fro Brexit must now have another vote by the people, the bloke keeps adding things to try and prevent Brexit, the bloke must be on crack

I guess he knows the Maybot is not around for the long term, so any deal is moot as the next leader will likely rip it up and start again. If she caves, you got get what you want, if you don't, you can say she was impossible to deal with. and wouldn't listen

I'm not absolving Labour of guilt as their position still keeps changing, even when they said it was fixed, but you can't trust May being around for even the short term.

Apparently they can rewrite the rules at a meeting (AGM? EGM?) they have in June if enough associations vote for it. - think 80% They want to add an in extremis clause into the rules to remove the situation they have now with a leader who just won't go. Even the PMs PM is reportedly telling her to go.

Labour's position continued confused position and the Maybot's anything to cement her legacy, plus the BBCs multiple platforms, and other such newspapers, media and social media platforms was a pretty clear this is an answer on Remain. We even talked about it here.

Most the stuff I saw had a definite bent towards Brexit unless the Lib Dems or Greens were actually part of the conversation (I include Sky News as well as the BBC). Doesn't really matter anyway as it is meaningless for both interpretations as plenty of the local elections were actually affected by local issues such as locally with the Vale of White Horse and South Oxon DC elections.

On the Tory local Associations changing the rules, I'm going on what James Cleverly MP said in an interview who was adamant that whatever they did, it was non-binding on the parliamentary party/leadership situation. He did go on to say it could very well influence the 1922 Committee to change the rules though if the majority is big enough which would seem to make the same sense. As James Cleverly quite likes to deflect and talk rubbish then I could also easily imagine him getting it wrong.

The logic for another referendum on HOW we leave (rather than IF - big difference) is sound though Baz, provided the questions asked make sense. And we can't be sure of that yet.
It doesn't need to go back to the people Pete it's just Starmer and Watson trying everything to get this potential deal knocked back then say the people don't want 8t so we must have a 2nd referendum whether to leave or stay which will go against democracy.

It doesn't need to go back to the people Pete it's just Starmer and Watson trying everything to get this potential deal knocked back then say the people don't want 8t so we must have a 2nd referendum whether to leave or stay which will go against democracy.

Having another vote is not against democracy as a vote is democracy.

Or is not being given a vote when you later know more about the consequences and terms of the first vote a denial of democracy?

Or is not being given a vote when you later know more about the consequences and terms of the first vote a denial of democracy?

Fair point.

I’ve previously said that the original referendum should have been a vote on whether to start negotiations with the intention to then put the terms to the vote of whether to leave or stay.

However, I very much doubt there would have been calls for another referendum if the vote had been to stay, irrespective of the finer details becoming available.

For the record, I was a remainer even if this comes across as though I was a leaver.

Somebody significant in Farage's Brexit Party supports the racist Yaxley-Lennon and makes a stupid comment belittling Islamophobia. Farage isn't doing a great job of separating his new Party from his old unless he actually does something about it.

Having another vote is not against democracy as a vote is democracy.
But sour grapes comes to mind, wonder if there was another referendum and the remain one and the leavers moan, I'm sure the remainers would be gobing off that the leavers were sore losers and as soon as the leave groups start asking for another referendum the remainers would say democracy has ruled.

All the talk about Nigel Farage and the Brexit Party being racist should be rejected too. They already have a lot of members from ethnic minorities and women.
I’m sure there’ll be lots of attempts from Labour and the Conservatives to portray Brexit as bad with pseudo racists and extremists.
I’m awaiting the result on 23 May with interest, and how the main parties respond to a mauling

All the talk about Nigel Farage and the Brexit Party being racist should be rejected too. They already have a lot of members from ethnic minorities and women.
I’m sure there’ll be lots of attempts from Labour and the Conservatives to portray Brexit as bad with pseudo racists and extremists.
I’m awaiting the result on 23 May with interest, and how the main parties respond to a mauling

You mean like the Brexit Party Election Agent and the ex Communist member who have made Islamophobic comments. Or Nige himself openly using xenophobic bile in the Referendum.

Back
Top Bottom