Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Nor was he the only one, nor had a female MP been murdered by a thug in the street.

All good knockabout fun, EY.

There you go again, Jo Cox was murdered by a right wing terrorist, unfortunately he wasn`t charged with a terrorist act. He wasn`t just a "thug".
From the court case: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/23/thomas-mair-found-guilty-of-jo-cox-murder
"Prosecutors acknowledge privately that the febrile atmosphere in which the EU referendum campaign was waged appears certain to have contributed to Mair’s decision to murder his MP, but this played no part in their case. "

The point being that what is considered a "death threat"?
Having a masked intruder breaking into your house in darkness whilst wielding a knife is a rather more substantial death threat than saying Ms Soubry is "stupid" or "going to die".

Ironic that verbal behaviour is being discussed on a football fans forum where 99%+ of the contributors will happily call the referee a w****r or hurl abuse at away fans...... because that`s "part of the game innit??"
It most certainly is.

They seem to love to label people who voted Leave and struggle to appreciate that it was many differing views that coalesced under that vote in/out vote.
But is not also the case, and perhaps the main problem, that many within the Leave movement are guilty of exactly the same thing, by trying to pretend that all 17.4m are in favour of a direct no-deal exit come what may?
I would also venture to say that not all of those 17.4m even wanted to leave (even on referendum day, let alone now). There was undoubtedly a number (whether as big as 635k I have no idea), that only voted Leave, expecting remain to win, but wanting to send a shot across the bows of the establishment to give some attention to one or two specific isssues (eg immigration) rather than actually throw the whole thing our of the window.
In fact, I am not 100% convinced that Boris wanted to win, particulalry given how he ducked out of the race to replace Cameron, as a strong showing in defeat would have probably served his long term selfish ambitions far better than having to actually do what he had campaigned under.....

Boris and Gove's faces the day after the referendum told you all you needed to know about how much they wanted that victory. As you say boris rapid stand down was only beaten by Cameron sprinting for the hills.

Three years down the line and they can no longer duck it...they must own the mess they've created and Boris will wriggle and bluster for all he's worth, because that's what he always does when cornered.

Epic balls up by a world class ballser upper[emoji1787]

I wouldn't say that but I would venture that many had very little idea of the sheer complexity of the issue they were voting on.

And I am still absolutely convinced that none of the top leave team thought they'd win and none of the top remain team thought they'd loose...Nigel Farage and his "this won't be over by a long way" statement is a case in point.

I wouldn't say that but I would venture that many had very little idea of the sheer complexity of the issue they were voting on.

And I am still absolutely convinced that none of the top leave team thought they'd win and none of the top remain team thought they'd loose...Nigel Farage and his "this won't be over by a long way" statement is a case in point.
Seems he got that right!

This is the sort of statement that stops you from converting leavers into remainers. And that's what you really need to be doing if you care enough about reversing the result.

Based on the information available to them, is what I meant.

My bad, sorry.

Easiest deal in history and all that.

And I actually don't really want to convert anyone.

I want people to have facts available to make a rational and informed decision.

Whichever way they vote when that happens, I will respect. Right now I think people have been badly let down and should feel a bit cheated by the whole referendum process and the lies that have been told by both sides, regardless of whether they are leavers or remainers.

No my message to the poor is "do something about it".

I was brought up in a single parent family , father died when I was 12, council house, working mother on a low wage oh and no "foodbanks".
A different generation that didn`t expect to be spoon fed.
You either sit there feeling sorry for yourself or buckle up and get on.
Norman Tebbit wasn`t far wrong.

Set a budget, live within it.............. if you can`t you need to either earn more or spend less.
Working mother on a low wage got lots of support from the state. Council house rents subsidised,nowadays you’d have to move after your dad died because of the bedroom tax

Working mother on a low wage got lots of support from the state. Council house rents subsidised,nowadays you’d have to move after your dad died because of the bedroom tax

Family allowance wasn`t a lot, that was replaced in the late 70`s by Family Income Supplement (Thatcher the Milk Snatcher, although it was Keith Joseph`s decision). Then came child benefit after that. Think it was only in `76 any additional single parent benefits appeared and in those days if you worked you got now`t. Council rents weren`t subsidised if the children were over 16.
By the 1980`s the RTB was launched............. first mortgage in 1982 was for £22k ;) (y)

It doesn’t work and there is a dangerous precedent in the seventies.
I suppose it’s to plug the gap of the £12billion approx that they won’t get from the UK

Well labelled.
Absolutely! That is where we've got. It's all black and white and it's a shame it's been polarised as such because the vote was never about one thing in Leave. I am utterly fed up of being called thick, racist, xenophobic, anti-immigrant and not clever enough to understand the EU because I voted to Leave the EU. It's been over 3 years of sneers and sadly, to beat em, you have to join em.

But is not also the case, and perhaps the main problem, that many within the Leave movement are guilty of exactly the same thing, by trying to pretend that all 17.4m are in favour of a direct no-deal exit come what may?
I would also venture to say that not all of those 17.4m even wanted to leave (even on referendum day, let alone now). There was undoubtedly a number (whether as big as 635k I have no idea), that only voted Leave, expecting remain to win, but wanting to send a shot across the bows of the establishment to give some attention to one or two specific isssues (eg immigration) rather than actually throw the whole thing our of the window.
In fact, I am not 100% convinced that Boris wanted to win, particulalry given how he ducked out of the race to replace Cameron, as a strong showing in defeat would have probably served his long term selfish ambitions far better than having to actually do what he had campaigned under.....
All I have seen is the 17.4 million people voted to Leave the EU, so No Deal is part of that legislative process, whether we like it or not - there is some hot air around all Brexiteers want a No Deal, but I've seen little corroboration other than scaremongering. Recent polling has shown No Deal is more popular due to the political environment, rather than I wanted this from day one. No doubts a small minority of Anti EU people wanted it from day one, but they are statistically irrelevant.

I certainly did not vote for a No Deal, however, I am willing to accept the end game, if needed, because parliament is incapable of resolving the issue and as we see a 2nd Referendum rear it's head again, I've lost trust in politicians to do an honest deal that means we're not wedded to the EU without say on how to run it, like Labours silly Customs Union.

I didn't want it to end like this, but frankly, I am fed up of political obfuscation and want the country to heal and move on. Remainers need to step on board for the future, rather than try and put the past in a bottle and deny it ever happened.

Back
Top Bottom