Dot Counting Blackpool 10k - Oct 21st

Attendance tracking
Home seat sales at midnight were 7,990 meaning 440 in total on Friday.

Add in boxes (290) and Blackpool known sales (650) and we are at 8,930 with on the day sales and any additional Blackpool sales to come. They are likely to be a combined total of 500-750 so the final crowd should be in the 9,400-9,700 range.

Edit 9652

Last edited:
Sales of 250 for the day, leaving us at 7,550 at about 11:30pm last night.

We're roughly shadowing the Port Vale and Exeter games each day, so I expect that to continue, and we'll end up at about 8,750 home sales. At lunchtime yesterday Blackpool had sold about 650, and they expect to bring 900/1,000 so I'll stick with the 9,750 estimate for now. Today will be the make or break for whether we've got any chance of 10,000.
I have us at exactly 8,000 home sales at midnight, meaning good sales of 450 for the day.

We are now 600 ahead of Port Vale and only 350 behind the Exeter game at this point. It's worth noting that all areas are actually above the Exeter sales, apart from the SSL, which is where the ticket offer took place.

For a normal 3pm KO I'd expect 750 match day sales, so I think my earlier 8,750 home sales forecast looks good. I must be mad, but I'm putting my faith in Blackpool bringing 1,000 and the total being 9,750.

Early start for me, so I won't post again until after the match.

12.30pm update on Friday and home seats sales are up to 7,632, which leaves 1,922 home seats still available.

Add in boxes and we are up to approx. 7,900 overall home sales so far.

Remaining seats are

South Stand Lower - 554
South Stand Upper - 451
East Stand - 501
North Stand - 416
These dot counters even work the night shift

The game being called off because of the weather has started early on here this year, normally about November before every game is going to be postponed because its a bit breezy.

More to do with travel issues for those who have to go a bit further than the end of the road, but there we are. I`m sure the 2k Ipswich fans that would have set of for their game Friday night would have liked to know sooner rather than later.... 🤷‍♂️

Home seat sales update at 11am on Saturday and we are now up to 8,147, meaning just 1,407 seats are still available. Add in boxes and Blackpool and we are up to at least 9,100.

More to do with travel issues for those who have to go a bit further than the end of the road, but there we are. I`m sure the 2k Ipswich fans that would have set of for their game Friday night would have liked to know sooner rather than later.... 🤷‍♂️

If you can’t get a game played in this weather then you might as well cancel all of the winter games, it’s a pleasant autumn day.

I live 50 miles away and realise that the club/any club can’t run a whole season with exiles prominent in every thought, would just be carnage on the fixture list.

12.15pm update and we are up to 8,240 home seat sales leaving 1314 seats still available.

Very few seats left in North Stand now (159 left), with strong sales still in East Stand (334 left) and South Stand Upper (326 left). South Stand Lower end blocks will be the only really empty sections (495 left overall).

Add in boxes (max capacity of 290) and we are up to an estimated 8,530 home sales with just under 3 hours to go.

Not to get 10,000 today is poor. Just been to town , no Oxford fans about , just Blackpool, this season has been poor for Oxford fans in town.. what's going on?? . Best position for years & apathy...

Not planning to be in town. Am I meant to be in town?
There's usually quite a few Oxford in town in a couple of pubs before they go to the bird or k***m not this year..

At 1.20pm home seat sales were up to 8,337 with 1217 seats remaining. So with the boxes that makes an estimated 8,627 plus whatever Blackpool bring.

Quick last tally at 2.50pm and there were 1,085 home seats left, meaning seat sales of 8,469. Assuming full capacity in the boxes of 290, that would bring home sales to an estimated 8,759 in total.

Looks
Quick last tally at 2.50pm and there were 1,085 home seats left, meaning seat sales of 8,469. Assuming full capacity in the boxes of 290, that would bring home sales to an estimated 8,759 in total.
Looks like about 700 from Blackpool maybe?

So about 9500 or so maybe. Looks about right.

Last edited:
I have us at exactly 8,000 home sales at midnight, meaning good sales of 450 for the day.

We are now 600 ahead of Port Vale and only 350 behind the Exeter game at this point. It's worth noting that all areas are actually above the Exeter sales, apart from the SSL, which is where the ticket offer took place.

For a normal 3pm KO I'd expect 750 match day sales, so I think my earlier 8,750 home sales forecast looks good. I must be mad, but I'm putting my faith in Blackpool bringing 1,000 and the total being 9,750.

Early start for me, so I won't post again until after the match.
Good early morning call

8,636 home attendance so either only 170 in the boxes (from capacity of 290) or some of the seats shown as gone on the ticket map were reserved from sale rather than sold. Probably a combination of both.

8,636 home attendance so either only 170 in the boxes (from capacity of 290) or some of the seats shown as gone on the ticket map were reserved from sale rather than sold. Probably a combination of both.
If we have only sold just over half of the boxes that isn’t great and I’d question what the commercial department are doing to promote the boxes to the local businesses. Especially since we need to start getting companies onboard with the new stadium coming.

Back
Top Bottom