Dot Counting Blackpool 10k - Oct 21st

Attendance tracking

Steve Gilbert

Manning and the players have started the season like a steam train and deserve a sell out crowd.
Next Saturday against Rovers might be difficult due to the early KO (still expect a 10k crowd) but there is no reason why we can’t get the home stands sold out for Blackpool on 21st October.
There is a break between the Rovers and Blackpool games due to internationals so hopefully people will be itching to watch the Yellows.

Let’s spread the word and get those seats filled!

I’m sure @Colin B wont mind keeping us updated with how ticket sales are going.

Last edited:
I love the push for 10k games on here, but we've got 2 other homes this and then a 2 weeks between Bristol Rovers and Blackpool (with the Stadium plans on the 9th too!)

In the old tradition of taking one game at a time, I think we should look to get as many in as possible on Tuesday night and then again next Saturday.

We can then give the Blackpool game a real push, especially as there's the possibility of making this one of our family days.

Manning and the players have started the season like a steam train and deserve a sell out crowd.
Next Saturday against Rovers might be difficult due to the early KO (still expect a 0k crowd) but there is no reason why we can’t get the home stands sold out for Blackpool on 21st October.
There is a break between the Rovers and Blackpool games due to internationals so hopefully people will be itching to watch the Yellows.
That really would be a disappointment!

I love the push for 10k games on here, but we've got 2 other homes this and then a 2 weeks between Bristol Rovers and Blackpool (with the Stadium plans on the 9th too!)

In the old tradition of taking one game at a time, I think we should look to get as many in as possible on Tuesday night and then again next Saturday.

We can then give the Blackpool game a real push, especially as there's the possibility of making this one of our family days.
I agree with you SE but with the next 2 games in the next week I thought ticket sales would already be well on the way to being strong, especially after todays result, so I thought I’d try to start an early push for the Blackpool game.

I agree with you SE but with the next 2 games in the next week I thought ticket sales would already be well on the way to being strong, especially after todays result, so I thought I’d try to start an early push for the Blackpool game.
I'm all for the push, and will be all over it alongside you, but just feel that it might get lost amongst over games and the next Stadium announcement on 9th.

Last season we had 7500 against Shrewsbury on a Saturday, although during our miserable February. We should be looking at getting over 8000 for this game. Then Bristol Rovers may suffer from the early kick off with lots of kids games being on Saturday mornings and others will have their own plans too.

3pm Saturday we should hopefully be top of the league, and that will be a great time to start the push.

I'll do a dot count for the Rovers game, and post updates on here during the week. It probably won't be every day though. Personally I'm interested to see what effect the early kick off has, and whether the club push the game, as we could be top of the league after Tuesday?

I'll then move on to the Blackpool game, a week before match day.

Pompey game should sell out if we are still in the same position come that game.

Pompey game will be postponed due to international call ups for both teams

I think Tuesday we should be getting 8000 at least with the team playing really well at the moment and we could finish the night top of the league

Saturday against rovers I know it's an early kick off but rovers always bring a good away following so we should be looking at 9,500-10,000

Blackpool in a few weeks if we are top of the league and the club promote this fixture we should be getting a full house (in the home ends)

Whatever the attendance figures are Manning and the players deserve a loud atmosphere from the home ends

I know that it is an early kick off, but if Rovers have sold 1,500, that will be what 600 more than Exter brought?
Since then we have won 2 games, so I am not sure why we shouldn't get 10k in this game?

Exactly. All these excuses of why we won't have a big crowd next week due to an earlier kick off, will the same apply to the Reading home game which will also be an early kick off? Will it f**k!

I understand some people work Saturday mornings or have youth football to attend in the morning but that would also limit them to going to all away games.

Let's fill the ground on Tuesday night and on Saturday!

I understand some people work Saturday mornings or have youth football to attend in the morning but that would also limit them to going to all away games.

And it does for some. Throughout the new stadium threads we have all spoken about the importance of community links and developing the game for our kids. Some are already doing that every week by taking their kids to games all over the county and further afield. Some pretty much come straight from these games to the ground in time to get parked up for 3pm kick offs. Arriving 3 hours earlier is not always that easy.

There are also those who work Saturday mornings and get away early enough for normal kickoff but will equally struggle with the earlier games.

I desperately want to see attendance figures rise for every game and would want nothing more than to see 10k games as the norm with us instead pushing for sellouts.

But we do need to recognise that there are lots of competing factors and that bigger crowds can never be guaranteed and we need to always look at ways that we can support people in attending.

And it does for some. Throughout the new stadium threads we have all spoken about the importance of community links and developing the game for our kids. Some are already doing that every week by taking their kids to games all over the county and further afield. Some pretty much come straight from these games to the ground in time to get parked up for 3pm kick offs. Arriving 3 hours earlier is not always that easy.

There are also those who work Saturday mornings and get away early enough for normal kickoff but will equally struggle with the earlier games.

I desperately want to see attendance figures rise for every game and would want nothing more than to see 10k games as the norm with us instead pushing for sellouts.

But we do need to recognise that there are lots of competing factors and that bigger crowds can never be guaranteed and we need to always look at ways that we can support people in attending.

This earlier kick off allows for people who work or have plans for Saturday nights to attend, it's swings and roundabouts.

Could be worse and be a Sunday at 12 where we could blame lack of Public transport.

If we all want to go up we need to come to the realisation that football isn't really a 3pm on a Saturday game anymore especially in the top two leagues.

This earlier kick off allows for people who work or have plans for Saturday nights to attend, it's swings and roundabouts.

Could be worse and be a Sunday at 12 where we could blame lack of Public transport.

If we all want to go up we need to come to the realisation that football isn't really a 3pm on a Saturday game anymore especially in the top two leagues.
Sorry mate but I disagree with this.

As much as I want us to go up, the fact that we will have games kicking off at all sorts of weird days and times is a real negative for me. Football should always be at 3pm on a Saturday, unless it's absolutely unavoidable.

I understand the point you're making, but the TV tail wags the dog too much already, and when games are moved all over the shop it usually has a negative effect on attendances. I'll joyously celebrate promotion whenever it comes, but I have a feeling the gloss will be taken off of it once we start seeing fixtures moved at the behest of Sky TV, at short notice.

As much as I want us to go up, the fact that we will have games kicking off at all sorts of weird days and times is a real negative for me. Football should always be at 3pm on a Saturday, unless it's absolutely unavoidable.

I understand the point you're making, but the TV tail wags the dog too much already, and when games are moved all over the shop it usually has a negative effect on attendances. I'll joyously celebrate promotion whenever it comes, but I have a feeling the gloss will be taken off of it once we start seeing fixtures moved at the behest of Sky TV, at short notice.

But the TV income will far outweigh the inconvenience felt to some fans, I quite like the idea of Friday night, Saturday night and Monday night games. Saturday 3pm games were perfect back in the day when most people worked 9-5 Monday to Friday but nowadays alot of work places are 24/7 , 365 days a year.

Unfortunately to make matters worse from 2028 the premier league and EFL are sharing TV rights for the 1st time!

But the TV income will far outweigh the inconvenience felt to some fans, I quite like the idea of Friday night, Saturday night and Monday night games. Saturday 3pm games were perfect back in the day when most people worked 9-5 Monday to Friday but nowadays alot of work places are 24/7 , 365 days a year.
You are Rupert Murdoch, and I claim my £5.

It's that sort of attitude (to inconveniencing matchgoing fans) that will be the death of the game, when the TV companies eventually get fed up with it, as there will then be no fans left to pick up the game due to the TV companies driving them all away.

Remember, football is not football without the fans.

Back
Top Bottom