Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.40 - Blackpool at home

Karl said in his post match media that the place was ‘ flat ‘ and the pitch was dry and slow.

Surprised we were so flat after a good performance on Tuesday and the chance to move into a play-off place was on offer.

For me I could see after a a few minutes that we were not at the races and it was going to be difficult.

We were second best all over the midfield areas and the passing was so slack. We play too much in our own half
and we put ourselves under pressure by not passing forwards.

It was a disappointing and worrying performance devoid of any quality - Brandon Barker not withstanding.

Where i would disagree with KR is regarding fans being in, The Kasstad can be like a Library and even more so when a flat performance like today

Look at the table and look at the other results and you can see that the only reason that we are hanging in there is that none of the other teams around us are getting consistent results either. If (when) we beat Northampton on Tuesday and if Blackpool don't beat the Posh we will be in the play off places. Lincoln are going through a bad patch as well so we are in with a good chance of beating them on Friday evening. Rose tinted specs on Saturday morning before all the other teams play.

Look at the table and look at the other results and you can see that the only reason that we are hanging in there is that none of the other teams around us are getting consistent results either. If (when) we beat Northampton on Tuesday and if Blackpool don't beat the Posh we will be in the play off places. Lincoln are going through a bad patch as well so we are in with a good chance of beating them on Friday evening. Rose tinted specs on Saturday morning before all the other teams play.
of course the downside to that is whilst the other teams are having blips they have still remained ahead of us.

Watching paint dry would have been more enjoyable than enduring that game, lack of everything from the team, definitely no sign of plan b , play off and the championship seem light years away, I would love to know what the I follow viewing figures are, I can’t see the casual supporting fan who picks and chooses what game to watch would wake up on Saturday morning and shout “I must watch the Blackpool game today” the real worry I have if that real football doesn’t return if any shape or form fans will start to become disconnected from the club

Watching paint dry would have been more enjoyable than enduring that game, lack of everything from the team, definitely no sign of plan b , play off and the championship seem light years away, I would love to know what the I follow viewing figures are, I can’t see the casual supporting fan who picks and chooses what game to watch would wake up on Saturday morning and shout “I must watch the Blackpool game today” the real worry I have if that real football doesn’t return if any shape or form fans will start to become disconnected from the club

As for the disconnect - I suppose that is the same for many / most clubs. I don't feel disconnected. Can't wait to get back to watching for real when it is allowed and is less risky. Some of course may be losing or already have lost the habit. Time will tell.

Good report Paul
Gorrin
Is it me but ,other than Doncaster every-time he get s the ball his first instinct is to play it first time back to Atkinson, Moore or Stevens
It’s getting so predictable, when he is at his best he has confidence to hold the ball turn and move it forward.
When he nexts plays see how many times he does this, it’s so frustrating. The problem becomes worse when Kelly plays because he does the same thing

Corners/Free kicks
Their delivery of corners /free kicks was very good but nothing special and we need to deal with this. Our deliveries are P**s poor. Something is wrong here because we were very inventive earlier in the season
I didn’t play at a particularly good level but it was my job to take corners and wide free kicks. The minimum expected was that I could hit near post/far post or above the penalty spot.
These players are paid they do this every day in training what is going on?

Well said Paul. Yes very very frustrating. This brought home to me the horrible realisation that we are just not good enough to play well consistently. And so play offs are very likely out of reach. So many errors and such lack of invention. This time I just couldn't bear to follow all the post match stuff, interviews, yellows forum comments etc. Oh s**t here I am again...

No. Season ticket holders with nothing else on will have watched it, I doubt many floating fans pay. Fans will go back in numbers when it’s allowed.

Back
Top Bottom