Matches Blackpool Fan in Peace

You poor bastards want to try Perth.
Seaside? Check
Beautiful beaches? Check
Nice river? Check
With dolphins? Check
Sunny? Check

Just step back one street from the front at Blackpool and it is a desolate :poop: :poop: hole.

Southend on the other hand is far more pleasant, partly funded by all those yuppie type commuters from London, especially the "posh" end of Leigh on Sea. ;)
The Thames Estuary, and the jurisdiction of the Port of London Authority, is marked by the Crowstone at Westclliff. it was erected in 1836 and marked the seaward limit of the River Thames as then controlled by the City of London, it replaced a stone of 1755, both standing together until the more aged of the pair was presented by the Port of London Authority to Southend Corporation in 1950 for preservation in Priory Park.

Jaywick would be best used for testing of tactical weapons, shortly after they finish levelling Blackpool. :)

Whilst I agree technically it is estuary, I'm fairly certain Southend markets itself (or has in the past) as the seaside.

And Blackpool beats Southend simply by having the Lakeland fells visible in the distance. About the only good thing about Blackpool though and I'd prefer to drive by and go directly to the Fells.

Isn’t its full name Southend-on-Sea?

Isn’t its full name Southend-on-Sea?

Yes but it is the Thames Estuary really. I suspect the 'on-Sea' bit was added as a marketing ploy as the 1st reference I can see is from 1892 (this may be wrong of course).

Back
Top Bottom