Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.35: Blackpool Away

Good FV as usual Paul.
It was Murphy who crossed for Bodin's header and not Rubin from memory?

3000 civil service jobs are being created in Blackpool and there is a big redevelopment happening on the old Central station site.

I found a reasonable real ale pub the Cask and Tap with a choice of stout, yorkshire (amber), golden, and one other. plus kegged and bottles and ciders. Sadly no home made snacks like pies or scotch eggs.

But I'll admit a lot of the town looks very dilapidated with faded and boarded up B&Bs.
With lovely modern day facilities like colour tv, en suite, and central heating.

Long away trips always seem to bring out the atmosphere. See also Carlisle and Middlesborough. I think it's a combination of "I've come all this way so may as well enjoy it", extra time for drinking from setting off earlier and the Northern exiles bringing mates and making a day of it. I certainly used to bring non-OUFC supporting friends along when I lived is Salford.

There are also some right nutters who turn up at our Northern away days - I'll never forget witnessing an argument between one of them and a tracksuit bedecked scally enroute to Rochdale that ended up with said Oxford fan pinned up against the door of a Sprinter train. The disagreement mainly involved Starburst.

Long away trips always seem to bring out the atmosphere. See also Carlisle and Middlesborough. I think it's a combination of "I've come all this way so may as well enjoy it", extra time for drinking from setting off earlier and the Northern exiles bringing mates and making a day of it. I certainly used to bring non-OUFC supporting friends along when I lived is Salford.

There are also some right nutters who turn up at our Northern away days - I'll never forget witnessing an argument between one of them and a tracksuit bedecked scally enroute to Rochdale that ended up with said Oxford fan pinned up against the door of a Sprinter train. The disagreement mainly involved Starburst.
Certainly true on the first point - my son went via seeing friends in Manchester and managed to drag three of them along to the game.

Back
Top Bottom