Dot Counting Blackpool 10k - Oct 21st

Attendance tracking
Just did a dot count at 8.00pm on Thursday evening and there are 3,262 home seats left meaning seat sales to date (excluding boxes) of 6,292. That means 286 sales over the past 3 days (since Monday evening).

By comparison on the Tuesday night before the Port Vale and Bristol Rovers matches we were at 6,300 and 6,700 respectively (figures courtesy of Colin) so we are going well by comparison with still 9 days to go.

Do you think the club should launch a season ticket offer, the usual is full season tickets before the season starts and then half season tickets around Christmas time.
Should the commercial team list the cost of the season tickets for the remaining games before each match something like........
The average adult admission price is £25 for home matches however purchase a season ticket for the remaining 18, 17, 16 games etc, etc will only cost £18 or £20 per match and guarantee first choice on away matches and home and away FA Cup games...

The positives,
* an influx of cash coming into the club
* more fans will renew season tickets next year, (Which is key)
* we are guaranteed larger attendances this season
* more demand for away tickets meaning more away sell outs
* more marketing opportunities
* our best start of any season gaining fans for life
* with the new stadium at the forefront of everyone obviously season ticket holders will get first dibs with their seat selection in the new stadium if they renew.

Just a thought......

Do you think the club should launch a season ticket offer, the usual is full season tickets before the season starts and then half season tickets around Christmas time.
Should the commercial team list the cost of the season tickets for the remaining games before each match something like........
The average adult admission price is £25 for home matches however purchase a season ticket for the remaining 18, 17, 16 games etc, etc will only cost £18 or £20 per match and guarantee first choice on away matches and home and away FA Cup games...

The positives,
* an influx of cash coming into the club
* more fans will renew season tickets next year, (Which is key)
* we are guaranteed larger attendances this season
* more demand for away tickets meaning more away sell outs
* more marketing opportunities
* our best start of any season gaining fans for life
* with the new stadium at the forefront of everyone obviously season ticket holders will get first dibs with their seat selection in the new stadium if they renew.

Just a thought......
We do usually offer half season tickets don’t we?

We do usually offer half season tickets don’t we?
Yes, we do...
My point is why don’t we offer season tickets pro-rata as the season unfolds, it’s our best ever start to a season and now is the time to get supporters on board....

• React
Reactions: ljs
Our next 8 home games are;

Blackpool
Wycombe
Portsmouth (possible international weekend)
Bolton
Burton
Cambridge (Boxing Day)
Derby
Barnsley

We should be looking at 10k attendance for everything but Burton, which will possibly be affected by its close proximity to Christmas and with several bigger games before and after.

So we may not gain much from a 3/4 season ticket type deal and should maybe look to build interest ahead of a half season ticket launch prior to Christmas.

Blackpool tickets seen to be going well with a week to go.
Am I right, dot counters !?
Blackpool are doing well so should bring a few.

If we gave away teams 2200 for the next 10 we'd be looking at selling out at least half of them. Selling out means our own fans need to buy earlier. Then we can reduce back to normal for the run in. Would really ramp our average up, and if results go to plan we'd sell loads more ST'S next season.

If we gave away teams 2200 for the next 10 we'd be looking at selling out at least half of them. Selling out means our own fans need to buy earlier. Then we can reduce back to normal for the run in. Would really ramp our average up, and if results go to plan we'd sell loads more ST'S next season.

But it's not just the segregation in the stands, the concourse would have to be adapted to hold that amount of fans wouldn't it?

What is it with you, and wanting to give away fans more tickets? You keep going on about it as if we are desperate.

The facts are that our home ticket sales are growing, and our team is improving. To choose now as the time to give a larger away allocation, at the expense of a smaller home allocation, is lunacy.

It's not happening, and neither should it.

We are already seeing average attendance up by 300 on the last 2 seasons (which are the biggest averages outside the top flight in 50 years).

Of our next 8 home games we should see 10k (or thereabouts) for 6 of them with only Bolton (Tuesday night) and Burton (week before Christmas) seeing smaller numbers.

I can never understand the desperate rush to give away fans more tickets, but it seems even more idiotic when our own fanbase is growing quicker than we've seen in 40 years!

We are already seeing average attendance up by 300 on the last 2 seasons (which are the biggest averages outside the top flight in 50 years).

Of our next 8 home games we should see 10k (or thereabouts) for 6 of them with only Bolton (Tuesday night) and Burton (week before Christmas) seeing smaller numbers.

I can never understand the desperate rush to give away fans more tickets, but it seems even more idiotic when our own fanbase is growing quicker than we've seen in 40 years!

Why do we need to have a full house every game anyways? Outside the premier league there isn't many teams where there isn't a single seat available for every game of the season.

Filling the ground and selling out every week could put off any future fans turning up and getting hooked and returning. We certainly shouldn't be giving any more to away fans.

Why are you obsessed with giving away fans more tickets are current stadium isn't designed to give away fans that many tickets because how it's designed under the stand ... You would have to put away fans in the east stand.... We need more home fans not away fans

Why do we need to have a full house every game anyways? Outside the premier league there isn't many teams where there isn't a single seat available for every game of the season.

Filling the ground and selling out every week could put off any future fans turning up and getting hooked and returning. We certainly shouldn't be giving any more to away fans.

We're 3 years away from (hopefully) 16000 capacity I think that we should be looking at averages of 9k+ this season, 9.5k for 24/25 and 10k for our final season at the Kassam. These should include an increasing number of sellouts which should be seen as a positive.

However, that needs to come through the organic growth of our own fans rather than seeing a load of extra away fans.

Hi Mick. :ROFLMAO:

Its a short term view to sell a ground out using away fans but potentially have home fans miss out on tickets, the home fans come back, bring family and friends etc, away fans might not be back for years if at all.

Grow the home fan base for long term gain.

It’s now a bad thing if we get a sellout?!

I won’t bother getting tickets for any upcoming games then, I’m already a lifelong fan and I wouldn’t want to take tickets away from potential future fans… 🤔

Blackpool tickets seen to be going well with a week to go.
Am I right, dot counters !?
Blackpool are doing well so should bring a few.
Had a bit of time to spare, so I've gone early and done a count this evening, rather than my normal first report of midnight on Sunday.

Yes, sales are going well. We're currently at 6,520 home sales excluding boxes. For contrast, this compares with 6,236 at midnight Sunday for Exeter and 6,286 at midnight Sunday for Bristol Rovers.

So 250/300 ahead of the best two sales at that point of the season, with over 24 hours to go.

Its a short term view to sell a ground out using away fans but potentially have home fans miss out on tickets, the home fans come back, bring family and friends etc, away fans might not be back for years if at all.

Grow the home fan base for long term gain.

In my conversation with Adam Benson, he spoke about the need to increase our home support by 20 additional fans per game. Over the course of the season that would see an increase in our average attendance of 500, and would see an average of 10k by the time we leave the Kassam.

It's all about marginal gains that are sustainable and achievable. And everything suggests that we're well on track to achieve this without any of the away team nonsense.

And just a reminder that next Saturday will be the final day of the stadium exhibition. If you can, why not plan your day to fit a visit in before or after the game next week?

It’s now a bad thing if we get a sellout?!

I won’t bother getting tickets for any upcoming games then, I’m already a lifelong fan and I wouldn’t want to take tickets away from potential future fans… 🤔

I meant selling out by increasing the away fans like the other poster suggested.

Back
Top Bottom