Blogs/Podcasts BBC - The Dub: An Oxford Utd Podcast

There wasn't much to be upbeat about last season to be fair!
Our predictions at the start of the season were incredibly upbeat (the lowest predicted finish being mine with 8th).

Maybe it's because we've all been/are still subjected to living in Yorkshire.... (it's grim up north etc.)
Not having a go, you all sound quite depressed though :D

Last edited:
Did I hear right that the new kit has been leaked? I haven't seen anything if so?

Why is it called The Dub? Haven't got round to listening to one yet, do they explain?

Dub as in W.

W as in win.

Correct. In fact last season, during our horrific run of results under KR, they discussed changing the name to something more appropriate. Guess they weren't allowed to use curse words though.

I believe it’s etymology is from the gaming community.

huh-ew.gif

Cowan, Elek and Sale excellent. Purkiss meh.

Purkiss always seems a little salty towards Elek. He makes some interesting points but certainly doesn’t deliver to the same level as the other three. He’s a bit depressing sounding .

Love the dub and t’manor podcast. Recently got into behind the badge too which is good for an ad hoc listen once I’ve got through my core listening

Purkiss always seems a little salty towards Elek. He makes some interesting points but certainly doesn’t deliver to the same level as the other three. He’s a bit depressing sounding .
I think he offers a slightly different perspective as he’s neither a fan or someone who played here for long.

Personally I like his dry sense of humour and his knowledge of the lower leagues and football generally (from both his recent career and his PFA role) offers good insights.

And his relationship with Elek is clearly just a bit of leg pulling which they both engage in.

Fair enough if you’re not a fan, but I rate him personally.

I think he offers a slightly different perspective as he’s neither a fan or someone who played here for long.

Personally I like his dry sense of humour and his knowledge of the lower leagues and football generally (from both his recent career and his PFA role) offers good insights.

And his relationship with Elek is clearly just a bit of leg pulling which they both engage in.

Fair enough if you’re not a fan, but I rate him personally.
I don’t mind Purkiss.
But he has no eye ( or words) for detail and is not particularly well read .
His comments when the new stadium preview edition was aired illustrate this”anything would be better than the Kassam” ffs.

Love the dub and t’manor podcast. Recently got into behind the badge too which is good for an ad hoc listen once I’ve got through my core listening
I get the impression that Purkiss and Elek get on - just some tongue in cheek comments.
He also gives the players perspective ( wasn't he the PFA chairman?)
Think that they compliment each other.

Back
Top Bottom