EFL BBC Live Radio Commentary

Peterborough United have announced that it has ended its long standing contract with BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and will provide
their own live commentary via their OWS for £5 per match or listeners can pay a monthly subscription.

A sign of things to come perhaps?

I’d be really upset if we lost Jerome and Nathan to a paywall.
RadOx get a lot of stick that i don’t think is entirely fair either - I really appreciate their coverage. I doubt they’ve got biggest budget in the world.

Last edited:
RadOx get a lot of stick that i don’t think is entirely fair either - I really appreciate their coverage. I doubt they’ve got biggest buffet in the world either
Radox coverage is brilliant and very committed. Peterborough might suffer from not being the only club in the station’s area, and they’re on the edge of Cambridgeshire. Plus no doubt they have delusions of grandeur

RadOx get a lot of stick that i don’t think is entirely fair either - I really appreciate their coverage.
For their OUFC coverage? I can't remember seeing much - maybe a bit of discussion about Rosie as a 'pundit' and some affectionate mickey taking of Nick's pronunciation of various players names, but I think *all* of us are very appreciative of what they do!

RadOx get a lot of stick that i don’t think is entirely fair either - I really appreciate their coverage. I doubt they’ve got biggest buffet in the world either
That's where you're wrong.

The BBC Oxford eat all you want buffet is legendary. Jerome has to polish off a whole suckling pig before he'll even pick up a microphone, whereas Nathan would always eat a king sized quince tart immediately prior to grilling Karl Robinson post match.

As for the tantrums that Nick Harris has been known to kick up if he doesn't get his quails eggs and asparagus, you just don't want to be within earshot.........

Been listening to radio oxford for 20+ years for the sport. Many of my footballing hating family/friends have heard the audio when I'm in the car etc and would say it's very enjoyable. I remember being in the car with my bro in law to watch the egg chasers at Twickenham and even he said it was good. Over the years, when you could select other random team to listen to on yellow player, I was very grateful to be able to go back to radio ox.

I do miss Selfies comms, he added a good blend to the mixture of Nathan (he's one of our own), Jerome and Nick. It'll be a very, very sad day when they start to call it a day. I honestly hope we can find the time to celebrate their comms for the club now rather than when they call it a day and then they are forgotten.

The BBC Oxford eat all you want buffet is legendary. Jerome has to polish off a whole suckling pig before he'll even pick up a microphone, whereas Nathan would always eat a king sized quince tart immediately prior to grilling Karl Robinson post match.

As for the tantrums that Nick Harris has been known to kick up if he doesn't get his quails eggs and asparagus, you just don't want to be within earshot.........

The BBC Oxford team really should say their thanks on air to the Chefs at the 'Bird for cooking these feasts.

Didn’t Kassam try and stop them broadcasting a live commentary once. Thought the EFL had an agreement with the Beeb for any league game.

Bloody autocorrect!

Radox coverage is brilliant and very committed. Peterborough might suffer from not being the only club in the station’s area, and they’re on the edge of Cambridgeshire. Plus no doubt they have delusions of grandeur

£5 a game though? That's robbery if you're local and listen to away games.

For their OUFC coverage? I can't remember seeing much - maybe a bit of discussion about Rosie as a 'pundit' and some affectionate mickey taking of Nick's pronunciation of various players names, but I think *all* of us are very appreciative of what they do!

Maybe not, but I feel like I've seen more in the matchday threads and on other social media than I have seen positive stuff said about them.

Whilst I do enjoy a lot of the commentary Rad Ox provide, I do get bloody annoyed at Rosie a lot, because when things are going badly on he football pitch. He always tries to camouflage it, by putting some positive spin on it, when clearly it’s not the case. I also wonder at times if he see’s the same game I watch. I like Rosie a lot, and he does an awful lot in the communities, but I wish he would just man up, and tell how it is, rather than try to sugar coat things.

Jerome and Nathan are excellent, but Nick Harris needs to be replaced. He makes so many mistakes when listening to his commentary, and it’s all rather amateurish for me. No doubting his passion for the club though, and equally a very decent bloke.

Whilst I do enjoy a lot of the commentary Rad Ox provide, I do get bloody annoyed at Rosie a lot, because when things are going badly on he football pitch. He always tries to camouflage it, by putting some positive spin on it, when clearly it’s not the case. I also wonder at times if he see’s the same game I watch. I like Rosie a lot, and he does an awful lot in the communities, but I wish he would just man up, and tell how it is, rather than try to sugar coat things.

Jerome and Nathan are excellent, but Nick Harris needs to be replaced. He makes so many mistakes when listening to his commentary, and it’s all rather amateurish for me. No doubting his passion for the club though, and equally a very decent bloke.

I have to agree with you there, LB. A fantastic supporter (and Board member) over many years, but well past his sell buy date as a commentator. He should retire gracefully.

I know I bang on about being an exile but radio Oxford commentary gives me a feeling that I’m back in the county.
I get annoyed at times with Rosie and Nick Harris but I certainly wouldn’t want them replaced by an in-house commentary team.
They are part of the experience of following the club from a far.

I respect your view re not wanting an in-house commentary team, Steve, neither do I. But, sadly, Nick Harris is no longer up to the commentary job.

I respect your view re not wanting an in-house commentary team, Steve, neither do I. But, sadly, Nick Harris is no longer up to the commentary job.
I completely understand where you are coming from and I’d happily have Jerome, Nathan, Rosie and an ex player (not purkiss though). Rosie is taking over from Nick for being Mr negative but in a weird way it works.

As for the tantrums that Nick Harris has been known to kick up if he doesn't get his quails eggs and asparagus, you just don't want to be within earshot........no

Don't mention Quince again... I remember that huge thread :oops::)

It’s a case I believe of you don’t know how good it is till it’s gone, having listened to a couple of other bbc local stations ,our bunch stand out for the right reasons, I only hope that radio oxford survives , the cuts to local radio stations on the airwaves isn’t good news

Back
Top Bottom