EFL BBC Live Radio Commentary

Anyone know why radox is broadcasting a northern station this morning, was hoping to listen to the game tonight on my way home from work?

Anyone know why radox is broadcasting a northern station this morning, was hoping to listen to the game tonight on my way home from work?
I tried online and FM radio both got a northern accent chap on

I
I love the radio Oxford commentary and the dub podcast. I do find it annoying that you can't listen live online though.
Has anyone come up with an ingenious way of getting around the block on online commentary?
I would love to be able to listen to the post match analysis when leaving an away game.

The £5 pay wall is a short sighted cash boost for Peterborough.
For the next few years they will get the regular listeners coughing up to continue listening. But then the audience will begin to shrink.
Local radio is something you discover. If there’s a paywall, it will bypass the next generation, that could leave untapped potential supporters of the future.

Maybe Peterborough’s owners are only in it for the short term? Who knows?

I

Has anyone come up with an ingenious way of getting around the block on online commentary?
I would love to be able to listen to the post match analysis when leaving an away game.
believe the embargo on DAB is from about 5 mins before kickoff to a few mins after final whistle, you should be able to pick up post match analysis on DAB or online 'anywhere'- for free

Is it possible to actually listen to BBC RadOx online? As an exiled supporter, my DAB radio won’t pick up 95.2FM (or rather it does but it’s BBC Radio Somerset), and I’d like to be able to listen to Jerome etc in live games - all I currently get is the pre-match stuff and then it blacks out. Thanks

Is it possible to actually listen to BBC RadOx online? As an exiled supporter, my DAB radio won’t pick up 95.2FM (or rather it does but it’s BBC Radio Somerset), and I’d like to be able to listen to Jerome etc in live games - all I currently get is the pre-match stuff and then it blacks out. Thanks
You can listen to RadOx on BBC Sounds but not the live commentary - it comes back about 5 pm. You have to pay for iFollow I think

The £5 pay wall is a short sighted cash boost for Peterborough.
For the next few years they will get the regular listeners coughing up to continue listening. But then the audience will begin to shrink.
Local radio is something you discover. If there’s a paywall, it will bypass the next generation, that could leave untapped potential supporters of the future.

Maybe Peterborough’s owners are only in it for the short term? Who knows?
Subscription services are getting out of hand where if you want to *legally* watch ALL the available football games in the UK like EPL, EFL, Champions League you'd need to subscribe to Sky, BT, Amazon Prime etc.

I would like to be able to watch all of our games live for say £10 per stream, providing a fair revenue share amongst clubs was agreed.

Yes RadOx does provide fantastic coverage of our games - and long may it continue. 'When I were a lad' back in the 70s, the coverage was much different - typically a music show on a Saturday afternoon with live updates from a reporter at the game roughly every 15 minutes from 3pm.

Yes RadOx does provide fantastic coverage of our games - and long may it continue. 'When I were a lad' back in the 70s, the coverage was much different - typically a music show on a Saturday afternoon with live updates from a reporter at the game roughly every 15 minutes from 3pm.

Yeah. Remember there was also a quiz too.

I know I bang on about being an exile but radio Oxford commentary gives me a feeling that I’m back in the county.
I get annoyed at times with Rosie and Nick Harris but I certainly wouldn’t want them replaced by an in-house commentary team.
They are part of the experience of following the club from a far.
But the problem is Rosie is in house and accordingly his comments are often lacking in objectivity. That doesn’t always reflect well on the independence of the broadcaster.

But the problem is Rosie is in house and accordingly his comments are often lacking in objectivity. That doesn’t always reflect well on the independence of the broadcaster.

When it comes to listening to local football; who cares?

Whilst I do enjoy a lot of the commentary Rad Ox provide, I do get bloody annoyed at Rosie a lot, because when things are going badly on he football pitch. He always tries to camouflage it, by putting some positive spin on it, when clearly it’s not the case. I also wonder at times if he see’s the same game I watch. I like Rosie a lot, and he does an awful lot in the communities, but I wish he would just man up, and tell how it is, rather than try to sugar coat things.

Jerome and Nathan are excellent, but Nick Harris needs to be replaced. He makes so many mistakes when listening to his commentary, and it’s all rather amateurish for me. No doubting his passion for the club though, and equally a very decent bloke.
Surely though Rosie's there for the balance, sure he can be a bit too positive at times, but it's that point of difference that makes the commentary work, rather than having a couple of generic sounding commentators who say the same things on other club's feeds.

As for Nick, he doesn't do the main commentary anymore, only analysis. He's not even in the stadium for away games. It's still very well worth having his input, so I wouldn't want to replace him at all. Also, I think calling him amateurish is a harsh. He's been commentating since the 70s and was the voice of MotoGP for 18 years. But he's now in his 70s, so maybe cut him a little bit of slack for not being as quick calling a fast-paced game, especially for what he's delivered in the past 50 years.

I don't. I want it to be partisan.

Does it matter to you that local radio reporting be 'independent' when it comes to football?

Rosie is great servant to the club and a very nice man.

But probably because he is a club employee, the chances of him saying anything negative about anything the club does is about as likely as us signing Scott Twine permanently for 50p and a bag of pork scratchings. Which is sort of OK in that there's nothing wrong with his positivity, but it means he adds very little as a 'pundit', because the refusal to entertain any criticism at all means that he adds very little insight to the commentaries. I have to admit I sort of zone out when he's on, because it's very very predictable.

Back
Top Bottom