Blogs/Podcasts BBC - The Dub: An Oxford Utd Podcast

Foley

Apologies if posted somewhere else.
I enjoy this podcast. Some good people on it and interesting points.
If you haven't given it a listen and want your footy fix....

I think that it us a fair point that L1 could be quite a lot weaker next season.

Apologies if posted somewhere else.
I enjoy this podcast. Some good people on it and interesting points.
If you haven't given it a listen and want your footy fix....

I think that it us a fair point that L1 could be quite a lot weaker next season.
Very much agree. George Elek has blossomed into an excellent broadcaster.

Can echo the thoughts above. It’s a neat little footnote to the end of each footballing week, done after the anger/jubilation/indifference has subsided to what happened at the weekend.

It’s done with a bit of humour from Robyn Cowen as host too.

A good addition to the now numerous podcasts about OUFC.

I’d also massively recommend ‘Behind the Badge’. They have just started a 3rd series and Steve Basham is the first guest on there. The next one is Mr Hot Dog himself, Daryl would you like ketchup with that Eales.

We really do have a lot of excellent content these days.

The Dub is excellent and better for being a more reflective, often wry, look back and forwards.

Behind The Badge is really insightful and covers parts of the club’s history which often is ignored or forgotten.

T’Manor has a couple of really good contributors too who generally look at things in a pragmatic fashion.

There are others too of course, but those three (along with Radio Oxford which is generally excellent too) really cover thing well.

League 1 a lot weaker next season .?.
Still some big boys in there who will be challenging.
Barnsley / Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Portsmouth just to quote a few

I think it is to be honest. We will get rid of 1 of the bigger boys in Wednesday or Barnsley, Ipswich are gone.
Reading I don’t think will be as good as they think they will. Wigan will struggle, Blackpool will be up there but I don’t fear them. The teams coming up won’t be the ones that look to go straight through the leagues.

That’s always going to be the case, too many ‘big’ teams now not to have at least a couple in League one at any one time

But given the financial situation at Reading and especially Wigan (not sure about Blackpool) I don’t think it’s a strong group of relegated teams this year

Very much agree. George Elek has blossomed into an excellent broadcaster.
Agree.
George suggested that Ipswich were the best team in L1 he had seen.
Of course Plymouth won the league.
The Top 3 ( 96 points +) are probably the best 3 of all time?

We really do have a lot of excellent content these days.

The Dub is excellent and better for being a more reflective, often wry, look back and forwards.

Behind The Badge is really insightful and covers parts of the club’s history which often is ignored or forgotten.

T’Manor has a couple of really good contributors too who generally look at things in a pragmatic fashion.

There are others too of course, but those three (along with Radio Oxford which is generally excellent too) really cover thing well.
I'd add The Fence End to those 3, and make the essential Pod 4. God knows what they will call themselves when we move ground though...

Cowan, Elek and Sale excellent. Purkiss meh.
I like him. Knows the lower leagues well so offers a good insight and he is very articulate. You can certainly tell he is an intelligent guy so no surprise that he (like Mous) was elected to his PFA role - I believe he attained a legal qualification while playing with us too.

Played a minor role in our win at Wembley too of course 😉

Last edited:
I like him. Knows the lower leagues well so offers a good insight and he is very articulate. You can certainly tell he is an intelligent guy so no surprise that he (like Mous) was elected to his PFA role - I believe he attained a legal qualification while playing with us too.

Played a minor role in our win at Wembley too of course 😉
And he’s got a Marina, I’ve always fancied trying one of those. 😉

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: MJB
Back
Top Bottom