Home Match Day Thread 9/5/2021 L1 OUFC v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speak for Your self. This pensioner has saved a fortune not having to fork out on petrol each week ( home and away) so not averse to paying.
This pensioner has spent a bloody fortune on alcohol. So much that we had to invest in a bigger wine rack. Deciding which bottle to open has done for my mental health. Mrs Lounger and I have been reduced to incoherent wrecks - nightly.

Going to be in Dawlish in Devon for the 2nd leg against Blackpool. Will be at the Belfry for the final. There had better be screens showing the matches or I ain’t going to be happy.

Going to be in Dawlish in Devon for the 2nd leg against Blackpool. Will be at the Belfry for the final. There had better be screens showing the matches or I ain’t going to be happy.
I'm in teignmouth, let me know if you find a pub showing the match!

Still can't believe we made it. 15 games in we were in this position. 31 games later we gained a staggering 59 more points with a ppg of 1.9. Now if only we started better and continued that 1.9 ppg for the first 15 gamea we would of ended up with 88 points and auto's

Just proves its not over to its mathematically impossible.

Amazing to think we were below Swindon and look where we both are now.

Can i just say at a time when others have and likely still are trying to deny clubs/fans like ours the opportunity to dream what a great advert for both the pyramid system and integrity when both Burton and Accrington turned up to play and compete and didn't need Millions of pounds incentive to do so.

Had to go out straight after the final whistle so I'm late on parade!!
What a performance under pressure. That early goal settled the nerves out there. I know Mide is not everyones cup of tea but I like the lad, he has scored some good and important goals. Everyone played their part, total team effort and for me every one was MOTM.
Hope Sam will be ok. Will be a shame if he misses the play offs.
We have come from 4th bottom in November to nick the last play off place, that takes some doing.
In normal times it would have been a nice few days in Blackpool!! Hope the boys can keep it going.

Can i just say at a time when others have and likely still are trying to deny clubs/fans like ours the opportunity to dream what a great advert for both the pyramid system and integrity when both Burton and Accrington turned up to play and compete and didn't need Millions of pounds incentive to do so.
What a bloody good point. An American would surely not understand the efforts of Accrington.

The anti-Robinson lot are quiet. I imagine they’ll be back if we lose the playoffs - or when we lose to the likes of Barnsley in the Championship.
We’ve just qualified for the playoffs against all odds. You’re the one being negative by making comments like this - today everyone is an Oxford fan. They always are, even if people disagree, but you get my point. No need for teams and camps or for people to be labelled anything. We can all squabble and then kiss each other passionately later on.

It’s been a great day. Let’s just enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom