Home Match Day Thread 9/5/2021 L1 OUFC v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the week, there were some comments in the other thread bemoaning some of the silly points we'd lost this season, and how frustrating it would be if we missed out by one point because of them.......

......well now, having made the playoffs on goal difference, the reverse is true. Think of all that had to happen to get us to 74 points!?!
The frankly insane comeback and last minute winner against Gillingham when we looked dead and buried.
The late Agyei goal and Jack's worldy saves to hold on against Shrewbury
The Rochdale keeper's inept clearance and Mide's genius lob
Jack's injury time penalty save against Charlton
Lee's 96th minute equalizer against the MK Dons.

Crazy, crazy season.
Just bloody fantastic that we're getting at least two more games to enjoy......

.....now time to find my ESPN+ login and turn it back on for May for the second year in a row........

Went away and played some video games after the game to celebrate, calm down, and try and take in what happened today... I have a real pride in our team. Every single one of them played for that shirt and that badge like it was their own team that they'd been supporting for decades like we have. I think Mide had his best 45 for us in the first half and Elliott Lee was top class all game and showed why we wanted him. It felt like they'd seen what we've done with McGuane and they know they can play their way into a contract with us. Henry and Brannagan look back to their best and you can feel how badly they want to play for OUFC in the Championship. Matty didn't just get the important second goal, I lost count of how many defensive headers and clearances he got from their long throws and corners. The back 5 were as solid as ever and I pray that Sam's injury is better than it looked because he deserves this more than anyone. Sykes once again showed his immense engine and workrate. Agyei, Gorrin and Forde were quiet, but in a good way, they did the job we needed them to do today. Hanson, I barely noticed him, which is a good thing because normally he has a few mistakes in him, but today he was solid. Winnall... I wrote him off completely. Thought he was rubbish. He's hit form at the perfect time for us, a few very good performances off the bench, and that strike - insane. 6 wins in 7, the form side going into the playoffs, but still very much the underdogs - which I think suits us better than being the favourites. Keep that passion, keep that workrate, keep that belief, and we will be a Championship side next season. COYY.

Sam winnall where did he find the confidence for his goal if he was fit and firing like that all season wow we’d have some player

Went away and played some video games after the game to celebrate, calm down, and try and take in what happened today...

me too, got to level 4 on space invaders and shot that pesky mystery ship once

Still can't believe we made it. 15 games in we were in this position. 31 games later we gained a staggering 59 more points with a ppg of 1.9. Now if only we started better and continued that 1.9 ppg for the first 15 gamea we would of ended up with 88 points and auto's

Just proves its not over to its mathematically impossible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-173549_Samsung_Internet_50.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-173549_Samsung_Internet_50.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 105
Absolutely delighted and thrilled with our players. Backs against the wall in November and they turn it around. Just hoping Sam will be be fine as we rely on that settled back line. Every play brought it today and whatever happens now we’ve achieved something special. Going up would be amazing but I think we can be pleased with how this team responds to setbacks. All we need is a couple of quality additions in midfield and full back positions so we can start picking up points against the better teams. Hopefully those additions will be when we’re playing Tier 2 football. Come on you Yellows!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom