Current Player #8 Cameron Brannagan

If he was fit all season we would have walked into the play offs and maybe even challenged for autos. In my book he is better than other good midfielders we have had lately such as Ledson, Lundstram, Rothwell. A big claim perhaps but I'm in my mid 20s and for me he's one of the best I've seen. Love him!
Great player but I think only time will tell if he’s better than Lundstram who has performed well in the Championship, Premier League and in Scotland for Rangers, including in Europe. Ledson as well was player of the year for a Championship side. Brannagan has the potential to do all that but he hasn’t as yet…

If he was fit all season we would have walked into the play offs and maybe even challenged for autos. In my book he is better than other good midfielders we have had lately such as Ledson, Lundstram, Rothwell. A big claim perhaps but I'm in my mid 20s and for me he's one of the best I've seen. Love him!
Also mid 20s and I'd say the only player I've seen in a yellow shirt that is better than Brannagan is Kemar Roofe. Players like Ledson, Lundstram, Rothwell, Dickie, Baldock etc have gone on to do well at a higher level, but in terms of performances for OUFC only, Roofe is the only one above Brannagan for me.

Because of how loyal and passionate Brannagan has been, as well as how brilliant, he is my no.1 favourite OUFC player that I've seen play. I'll be gutted if he leaves us in the summer but he really deserves his shot in the Championship so he'll go with my absolute best wishes.

My sentiments entirely. Cameron has been written in our history already by scoring four penalties in one game.
He adds a lot to our team and I believe he’s irreplaceable.
I am sure there will be multi million pound bids coming even if we go up

Also mid 20s and I'd say the only player I've seen in a yellow shirt that is better than Brannagan is Kemar Roofe. Players like Ledson, Lundstram, Rothwell, Dickie, Baldock etc have gone on to do well at a higher level, but in terms of performances for OUFC only, Roofe is the only one above Brannagan for me.

Because of how loyal and passionate Brannagan has been, as well as how brilliant, he is my no.1 favourite OUFC player that I've seen play. I'll be gutted if he leaves us in the summer but he really deserves his shot in the Championship so he'll go with my absolute best wishes.
I was thinking just in terms of midfielders.

My cult legends

Keeper: Clarkey
CB: Wrighty
Wing back: Longy, Ruffs
Midfield: Branners, Pottery, Lunny
Forwards: Roofey, Hyltony, Beano

Hon mentions: batman, mags, Moore, Baldock, Dunks, Dubez, Easty, lego

So putting my statto hat on.....

......in the league, Cam has actually only missed five games all season. There seems to be an impression on here that he's missed huge chunks of the season - but he really hasn't! Only Matty T has played in more games than he has.

BUT the five he missed - Morecambe (H&A), Wigan (H), Plymouth (A), Cheltenham (A) - so one win and four losses, all by a single goal.

Not hard to believe that if he'd played those, we'd be a few points better off and comfortably sitting in the playoff positions.

🤔 silly comment he’s played 39/44 league games this season

I love brannagan I will also be gutted when he leaves he's the one player you know when he goes on the pitch he's not leaving anything out there he is Mr 110% arguably my favourite ever oufc player

I was thinking just in terms of midfielders.

My cult legends

Keeper: Clarkey
CB: Wrighty
Wing back: Longy, Ruffs
Midfield: Branners, Pottery, Lunny
Forwards: Roofey, Hyltony, Beano

Hon mentions: batman, mags, Moore, Baldock, Dunks, Dubez, Easty, lego
This makes me feel old. Only a couple that would get on my list here at best (assuming I have the right players, hard to be sure with the bizarre nicknames, is 'Pottery' Alfie Potter? If so, that's a first)!

None of them are anywhere near John Narbett.

Maybe we need to work out our Oxford Cult Hero XI?
Players who built a cult following unrelated to how good at football they actually were.

I'd nominate Pal Lundin, Mateo Corbo, Gary Smart, David Rush and Johnny Lager for starters. Mickey Lewis is the captain.

(I started watching in the early 90s).

Back
Top Bottom