Home Match Day Thread +++ 7/12/2019 OUFC V Shrewsbury Town +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a results business and Wycombe are top of the league for a reason. Say what you like about Ainsworth, but his positivity and management skills are getting the most out of his squad, on limited resources. Much more limited than ours. Not sure if Robinson has got the same management skills to keep our season going right through to when it counts.

Pretty sure that when you start to get a load of injuries you'll fall off the top of the table.

Pretty sure that when you start to get a load of injuries you'll fall off the top of the table.
Doubt it. This is what I love about Oxford - it’s the level of self delusion. ‘Big club’ my a**e. You might make the playoffs at a stretch, but you won’t go up. I’m not saying that we will, but we’re going to give you a proper spanking on the 21st. Merry Christmas PNL.

Yesterday's game for everyone watching live at the stadium was a pretty abysmal affair engineered by a team hell bent on getting a point or three.

In reflection after a sherbet or two this afternoon in London I'm almost glad only 6.6k home fans actually witnessed this match and in doing so it perhaps gives us a little more time to dust ourselves down hopefully in time for the two or three upcoming home fixture's that includes the boxing day game that nearly always flatters to deceive.

However, for the many diehards in the crowd yesterday I'm sure after the initial numbing experience we had from watching an opposing team playing in an odious but knew it would happen to us soon way many will take the point we gained and the poor spectacle of a home match right here right now in exchange for perhaps a better spectacle for at least the next two home league matches with a bigger inflated home crowd expected. And in doing so what I'm really perhaps getting at is I don't want to walk back to my old banger hearing the inflatables saying they are never coming back again.

Coyy's.

Doubt it. This is what I love about Oxford - it’s the level of self delusion. ‘Big club’ my a**e. You might make the playoffs at a stretch, but you won’t go up. I’m not saying that we will, but we’re going to give you a proper spanking on the 21st. Merry Christmas PNL.
Lots of delusion in my comment isn't there. Brilliant.

Haha! Christ, it's so easy to find you out, as it will be just as easy to find Wycombe out in a couple of weeks! Enjoy your moment while you can!!!

It is a results business and Wycombe are top of the league for a reason. Say what you like about Ainsworth, but his positivity and management skills are getting the most out of his squad, on limited resources. Much more limited than ours. Not sure if Robinson has got the same management skills to keep our season going right through to when it counts.
They got a cash injection new owners

Won’t be for long, no doubt Wyscumb will go back to cheating ways.

You won’t go up you will fall away and be outside the play off places

A lot of people are forgetting this in the whole "plucky wycombe" narrative. They spent a f*****g fortune in the summer. Players like David Wheeler do not come cheap. Ainsworth is still overachieving, but they are hardly the bargain bucket side made out by the media.
Did they spend more than us? Genuine question.

A lot of people are forgetting this in the whole "plucky wycombe" narrative. They spent a f*****g fortune in the summer. Players like David Wheeler do not come cheap. Ainsworth is still overachieving, but they are hardly the bargain bucket side made out by the media.
Had a look into it and they have signed all free transfers,don’t some cracking business imo.

They may well be paying a bit in wages, but I'd hardly pretend that Wycombe are trying to buy promotion. I would be amazed if their playing budget is as high as ours.

Still a non league club though aren't you.Tin pot anti football s**t.

Hi troll, yes they are doing well if you like anti football and trying to merge fooball with rugby. They have paid money in wages rather than transfer fees. They are good at what they do but it's poor to watch.
They must be doing something right as they have only lost to Gillingham and top scorer is there leftback!They are top for a reason!Hate to say it but I’m worried they will turn us over on the 21st,our injury problems are a concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom